Gene Symbol: OZS1
Description: C4-dicarboxylate transporter/malic acid transport protein
Alias: CARBON DIOXIDE INSENSITIVE 3, CDI3, F5O11.23, F5O11_23, OZONE-SENSITIVE 1, RADICAL-INDUCED CELL DEATH 3, RCD3, SLAC1, SLOW ANION CHANNEL-ASSOCIATED 1, C4-dicarboxylate transporter/malic acid transport protein
Species: thale cress
- Du Q, Fan X, Wang C, Huang R. A possible CO2 conducting and concentrating mechanism in plant stomata SLAC1 channel. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24264 pubmed publisherThe plant SLAC1 is a slow anion channel in the membrane of stomatal guard cells, which controls the turgor pressure in the aperture-defining guard cells, thereby regulating the exchange of water vapour and photosynthetic gases in ..
- Geiger D, Scherzer S, Mumm P, Marten I, Ache P, Matschi S, et al. Guard cell anion channel SLAC1 is regulated by CDPK protein kinases with distinct Ca2+ affinities. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:8023-8 pubmed publisher..Recently, the guard cell anion channel SLAC1 was identified. When expressed heterologously SLAC1 remained electrically silent...
- Laanemets K, Wang Y, Lindgren O, Wu J, Nishimura N, Lee S, et al. Mutations in the SLAC1 anion channel slow stomatal opening and severely reduce K+ uptake channel activity via enhanced cytosolic [Ca2+] and increased Ca2+ sensitivity of K+ uptake channels. New Phytol. 2013;197:88-98 pubmed publisherThe Arabidopsis guard cell anion channel SLAC1 is essential for stomatal closure in response to various endogenous and environmental stimuli. Interestingly, here we reveal an unexpected impairment of slac1 alleles on stomatal opening...
- Joudoi T, Shichiri Y, Kamizono N, Akaike T, Sawa T, Yoshitake J, et al. Nitrated cyclic GMP modulates guard cell signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:558-71 pubmed publisher..This study therefore demonstrates that 8-nitro-cGMP acts as a guard cell signaling molecule and that a NO/8-nitro-cGMP signaling cascade operates in guard cells. ..
- Tian W, Hou C, Ren Z, Pan Y, Jia J, Zhang H, et al. A molecular pathway for COâ‚‚ response in Arabidopsis guard cells. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6057 pubmed publisher..We also show that HT1 phosphorylates and inactivates OST1, a kinase which is essential for the activation of the SLAC1 anion channel and stomatal closing...
- Vahisalu T, Puzõrjova I, Brosché M, Valk E, Lepiku M, Moldau H, et al. Ozone-triggered rapid stomatal response involves the production of reactive oxygen species, and is controlled by SLAC1 and OST1. Plant J. 2010;62:442-53 pubmed publisher..This revealed that the SLAC1 protein, essential for guard cell plasma membrane S-type anion channel function, and the protein kinase OST1 were ..
- Lee S, Lim C, Lan W, He K, Luan S. ABA signaling in guard cells entails a dynamic protein-protein interaction relay from the PYL-RCAR family receptors to ion channels. Mol Plant. 2013;6:528-38 pubmed publisher..We previously reported that SLAC1, an outward anion channel required for stomatal closure, was regulated via reversible protein phosphorylation ..
- Wang Y, Papanatsiou M, Eisenach C, Karnik R, Williams M, Hills A, et al. Systems dynamic modeling of a guard cell Cl- channel mutant uncovers an emergent homeostatic network regulating stomatal transpiration. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:1956-67 pubmed publisher..the paradoxical suppression of channels that facilitate K(+) uptake, slowing stomatal opening, by mutation of the SLAC1 anion channel, which mediates solute loss for closure...
- Merilo E, Laanemets K, Hu H, Xue S, Jakobson L, Tulva I, et al. PYR/RCAR receptors contribute to ozone-, reduced air humidity-, darkness-, and CO2-induced stomatal regulation. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1652-68 pubmed publisher..reduction of air humidity, darkness, and pulses of the air pollutant ozone (O3), involves the SLOW ANION CHANNEL1 (SLAC1). SLAC1 is activated by OPEN STOMATA1 (OST1) and Ca(2+)-dependent protein kinases...