Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: OPR3
Description: oxophytodienoate-reductase 3
Alias: 11-REDUCTASE, 12-OXO-PHYTODIENOATE REDUCTASE, 12-OXOPHYTODIENOATE-10, AtOPR3, DDE1, DELAYED DEHISCENCE 1, F5K7.19, F5K7_19, oxophytodienoate-reductase 3, oxophytodienoate-reductase 3
Species: thale cress
- Sanders P, Lee P, Biesgen C, Boone J, Beals T, Weiler E, et al. The arabidopsis DELAYED DEHISCENCE1 gene encodes an enzyme in the jasmonic acid synthesis pathway. Plant Cell. 2000;12:1041-61 pubmed..These experiments suggest that jasmonic acid signaling plays a role in controlling the time of anther dehiscence within the flower. ..
- Zheng H, Pan X, Deng Y, Wu H, Liu P, Li X. AtOPR3 specifically inhibits primary root growth in Arabidopsis under phosphate deficiency. Sci Rep. 2016;6:24778 pubmed publisher..thaliana; however, the underlying molecular mechanisms are largely elusive to date. We found that AtOPR3 specifically inhibited primary root growth under P deficiency via suppressing root tip growth at the ..
- Yan J, Li S, Gu M, Yao R, Li Y, Chen J, et al. Endogenous Bioactive Jasmonate Is Composed of a Set of (+)-7-iso-JA-Amino Acid Conjugates. Plant Physiol. 2016;172:2154-2164 pubmed..Furthermore, our studies uncover the general characteristics for all the bioactive JA molecules, and provide a new strategy to synthetically generate novel active JA molecules. ..
- Sasaki Sekimoto Y, Taki N, Obayashi T, Aono M, Matsumoto F, Sakurai N, et al. Coordinated activation of metabolic pathways for antioxidants and defence compounds by jasmonates and their roles in stress tolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2005;44:653-68 pubmed..However, in jasmonate-deficient Arabidopsis 12-oxophytodienoate reductase 3 (opr3) mutants, the induction of antioxidant genes was abolished...
- Chehab E, KIM S, Savchenko T, Kliebenstein D, Dehesh K, Braam J. Intronic T-DNA insertion renders Arabidopsis opr3 a conditional jasmonic acid-producing mutant. Plant Physiol. 2011;156:770-8 pubmed publisher..characteristics of three Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) genotypes: aos, lacking JAs and OPDA; opda reductase3 (opr3), deficient in JA production but can accumulate OPDA; and transgenics that overexpress OPR3...
- Thatcher L, Manners J, Kazan K. Fusarium oxysporum hijacks COI1-mediated jasmonate signaling to promote disease development in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2009;58:927-39 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that F. oxysporum hijacks non-defensive aspects of the JA-signaling pathway to cause wilt-disease symptoms that lead to plant death in Arabidopsis. ..
- Stintzi A, Browse J. The Arabidopsis male-sterile mutant, opr3, lacks the 12-oxophytodienoic acid reductase required for jasmonate synthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:10625-30 pubmed..oxylipins in anther and pollen development, we characterized a T-DNA-tagged, male-sterile mutant of Arabidopsis, opr3. The opr3 mutant plants are sterile but can be rendered fertile by exogenous JA but not by OPDA...
- Müssig C, Lisso J, Coll Garcia D, Altmann T. Molecular analysis of brassinosteroid action. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2006;8:291-6 pubmed..Gene expression data also point at interactions with other phytohormones and a role of BR in stress responses. This article gives a survey of the BR-signaling pathway. Two BR-responsive genes, OPR3 and EXO, are described in detail.
- Beynon E, Symons Z, Jackson R, Lorenz A, Rylott E, Bruce N. The role of oxophytodienoate reductases in the detoxification of the explosive 2,4,6-trinitrotoluene by Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:253-61 pubmed publisher..The three predominantly expressed forms, OPR1, OPR2, and OPR3, were recombinantly expressed and affinity purified...
- Costa C, Arruda P, Benedetti C. An Arabidopsis gene induced by wounding functionally homologous to flavoprotein oxidoreductases. Plant Mol Biol. 2000;44:61-71 pubmed..We identified, by differential display, an Arabidopsis gene (OPR3) induced after wounding...
- Chotikacharoensuk T, Arteca R, Arteca J. Use of differential display for the identification of touch-induced genes from an ethylene-insensitive Arabidopsis mutant and partial characterization of these genes. J Plant Physiol. 2006;163:1305-20 pubmed..These three cDNA were then used to screen a cDNA library. A 1.2kb fragment for OPR3 was obtained from A8A screenings...
- Brioudes F, Joly C, Szecsi J, Varaud E, Leroux J, Bellvert F, et al. Jasmonate controls late development stages of petal growth in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2009;60:1070-80 pubmed publisher..Expression of BPEp was negatively regulated in opr3 mutant flowers that are deficient in jasmonate synthesis...