Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: OEP16-1
Description: outer plastid envelope protein 16-1
Alias: ATOEP16-1, ATOEP16-L, F8N16.19, F8N16_19, OEP16, OUTER PLASTID ENVELOPE PROTEIN 16-L, outer envelope protein 16, outer plastid envelope protein 16-1, outer plastid envelope protein 16-1
Species: thale cress
- Reinbothe S, Pollmann S, Springer A, James R, Tichtinsky G, Reinbothe C. A role of Toc33 in the protochlorophyllide-dependent plastid import pathway of NADPH:protochlorophyllide oxidoreductase (POR) A. Plant J. 2005;42:1-12 pubmed..Among them are a 16-kDa ortholog of the previously characterized outer envelope protein Oep16 (named Ptc16) and a 33-kDa protein (Ptc33) related to the GTP-binding proteins Toc33 and Toc34 of Arabidopsis...
- Gonzali S, Loreti E, Solfanelli C, Novi G, Alpi A, Perata P. Identification of sugar-modulated genes and evidence for in vivo sugar sensing in Arabidopsis. J Plant Res. 2006;119:115-23 pubmed..The results obtained indicate that the transcriptional response to exogenous sucrose allows the identification of genes displaying a pattern of expression in leaves compatible with their sugar-modulation in vivo. ..
- Drea S, Lao N, Wolfe K, Kavanagh T. Gene duplication, exon gain and neofunctionalization of OEP16-related genes in land plants. Plant J. 2006;46:723-35 pubmedb>OEP16, a channel protein of the outer membrane of chloroplasts, has been implicated in amino acid transport and in the substrate-dependent import of protochlorophyllide oxidoreductase A...
- Devoto A, Ellis C, Magusin A, Chang H, Chilcott C, Zhu T, et al. Expression profiling reveals COI1 to be a key regulator of genes involved in wound- and methyl jasmonate-induced secondary metabolism, defence, and hormone interactions. Plant Mol Biol. 2005;58:497-513 pubmed..These results indicate that COI1 plays a pivotal role in wound- and JA signalling. ..
- Reinbothe C, Bartsch S, Eggink L, Hoober J, Brusslan J, Andrade Paz R, et al. A role for chlorophyllide a oxygenase in the regulated import and stabilization of light-harvesting chlorophyll a/b proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:4777-82 pubmed..Together, our results provide insights into the plastid subcompartmentalization and evolution of chlorophyll precursor biosynthesis in relation to protein import in higher plants. ..
- Pudelski B, Soll J, Philippar K. A search for factors influencing etioplast-chloroplast transition. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:12201-6 pubmed publisher..In a recent study the chloroplast outer envelope channel OEP16 was described to be involved in etioplast to chloroplast transition by forming the translocation pore for the ..
- Pudelski B, Schock A, Hoth S, Radchuk R, Weber H, Hofmann J, et al. The plastid outer envelope protein OEP16 affects metabolic fluxes during ABA-controlled seed development and germination. J Exp Bot. 2012;63:1919-36 pubmed publisherPreviously, the OEP16.1 channel pore in the outer envelope membrane of mature pea (Pisum sativum) chloroplasts in vitro has been characterized to be selective for amino acids. Isolation of OEP16...
- Pollmann S, Springer A, Buhr F, Lahroussi A, Samol I, Bonneville J, et al. A plant porphyria related to defects in plastid import of protochlorophyllide oxidoreductase A. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:2019-23 pubmed..Here we report that a loss-of-function mutation in the outer plastid envelope 16-kDa protein (oep16) gene causes a conditional seedling lethal phenotype related to defects in import and assembly of NADPH:..