Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: OBF5
Description: OCS-element binding factor 5
Alias: MOJ9.13, MOJ9_13, OCS-element binding factor 5, TGA5, TGACG MOTIF-BINDING FACTOR 5, OCS-element binding factor 5
Species: thale cress
- Zhang B, Chen W, Foley R, Buttner M, Singh K. Interactions between distinct types of DNA binding proteins enhance binding to ocs element promoter sequences. Plant Cell. 1995;7:2241-52 pubmed..plant basic domain-leucine zipper transcription factors, have been isolated and include the Arabidopsis OBF4 and OBF5 genes...
- Liu G, Holub E, Alonso J, Ecker J, Fobert P. An Arabidopsis NPR1-like gene, NPR4, is required for disease resistance. Plant J. 2005;41:304-18 pubmed..These results indicate that NPR4 is required for basal defense against pathogens, and that it may be implicated in the cross-talk between the SA- and JA-dependent signaling pathways. ..
- Churchman M, Brown M, Kato N, Kirik V, Hulskamp M, Inze D, et al. SIAMESE, a plant-specific cell cycle regulator, controls endoreplication onset in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2006;18:3145-57 pubmed..We hypothesize that SIM encodes a plant-specific CDK inhibitor with a key function in the mitosis-to-endoreplication transition. ..
- Despres C, Delong C, Glaze S, Liu E, Fobert P. The Arabidopsis NPR1/NIM1 protein enhances the DNA binding activity of a subgroup of the TGA family of bZIP transcription factors. Plant Cell. 2000;12:279-90 pubmed..Coupled with observations that the DNA binding activity of TGA factors is deregulated in npr1 plants, the results suggest that NPR1-mediated DNA binding of TGA2 is critical for activation of defense genes. ..
- Zhou J, Trifa Y, Silva H, Pontier D, Lam E, Shah J, et al. NPR1 differentially interacts with members of the TGA/OBF family of transcription factors that bind an element of the PR-1 gene required for induction by salicylic acid. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2000;13:191-202 pubmed..members were tested and shown to differentially interact with NPR1: TGA2 and TGA3 showed strong affinity for NPR1; TGA5 and TGA6 exhibited weaker affinity; and TGA1 and TGA4 displayed little or no detectable interaction with NPR1, ..
- Zhang Y, Cheng Y, Qu N, Zhao Q, Bi D, Li X. Negative regulation of defense responses in Arabidopsis by two NPR1 paralogs. Plant J. 2006;48:647-56 pubmed..NPR3 and NPR4 interact with TGA2, TGA3, TGA5 and TGA6 in yeast two-hybrid assays...
- Zhang Y, Fan W, Kinkema M, Li X, Dong X. Interaction of NPR1 with basic leucine zipper protein transcription factors that bind sequences required for salicylic acid induction of the PR-1 gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:6523-8 pubmed..thaliana PR-1 gene. These data suggest that NPR1 may regulate PR-1 gene expression by interacting with a subclass of basic leucine zipper protein transcription factors. ..
- Zander M, La Camera S, Lamotte O, Metraux J, Gatz C. Arabidopsis thaliana class-II TGA transcription factors are essential activators of jasmonic acid/ethylene-induced defense responses. Plant J. 2010;61:200-10 pubmed publisherThe three closely related Arabidopsis basic leucine zipper (bZIP) transcription factors TGA2, TGA5 and TGA6 are required for the establishment of the salicylic acid (SA)-dependent plant defense response systemic acquired resistance, which ..
- Kim H, Delaney T. Over-expression of TGA5, which encodes a bZIP transcription factor that interacts with NIM1/NPR1, confers SAR-independent resistance in Arabidopsis thaliana to Peronospora parasitica. Plant J. 2002;32:151-63 pubmed..We identified, in a yeast two-hybrid screen, two NIM1/NPR1 interacting proteins, TGA2 and TGA5, which belong to the basic region, leucine zipper (bZIP) family of transcription factors...
- Zhang B, Foley R, Singh K. Isolation and characterization of two related Arabidopsis ocs-element bZIP binding proteins. Plant J. 1993;4:711-6 pubmed..The genes, called OBF4 and OBF5, were isolated by screening an Arabidopsis genomic library with degenerate oligonucleotides complementary to the ..
- Fode B, Siemsen T, Thurow C, Weigel R, Gatz C. The Arabidopsis GRAS protein SCL14 interacts with class II TGA transcription factors and is essential for the activation of stress-inducible promoters. Plant Cell. 2008;20:3122-35 pubmed publisher..Chromatin immunoprecipitation experiments revealed that class II TGA factors TGA2, TGA5, and/or TGA6 are needed to recruit SCL14 to promoters of selected SCL14 target genes identified by whole-genome ..
- Deppmann C, Alvania R, Taparowsky E. Cross-species annotation of basic leucine zipper factor interactions: Insight into the evolution of closed interaction networks. Mol Biol Evol. 2006;23:1480-92 pubmed..Finally, we discuss the fundamental similarities and differences between dimerization networks within the context of bZIP factor evolution. ..