Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NRPD1B
Description: nuclear RNA polymerase D1B
Alias: ATNRPD1B, DEFECTIVE IN MERISTEM SILENCING 5, DMS5, DRD3, NRPE1, T28M21.19, T28M21_19, nuclear RNA polymerase D1B, nuclear RNA polymerase D1B
Species: thale cress
- He X, Hsu Y, Zhu S, Wierzbicki A, Pontes O, Pikaard C, et al. An effector of RNA-directed DNA methylation in arabidopsis is an ARGONAUTE 4- and RNA-binding protein. Cell. 2009;137:498-508 pubmed publisher..The dual interaction of an effector protein with AGO and small RNA target transcripts may be a general feature of RNA-silencing effector complexes. ..
- Zhong X, Hale C, Law J, Johnson L, Feng S, Tu A, et al. DDR complex facilitates global association of RNA polymerase V to promoters and evolutionarily young transposons. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:870-5 pubmed publisher..Here, we have identified targets of Pol V in Arabidopsis thaliana on a genome-wide scale using ChIP-seq of NRPE1, the largest catalytic subunit of Pol V...
- Kanno T, Huettel B, Mette M, Aufsatz W, Jaligot E, Daxinger L, et al. Atypical RNA polymerase subunits required for RNA-directed DNA methylation. Nat Genet. 2005;37:761-5 pubmed..DRD1 is a SNF2-like protein required for RNA-directed de novo methylation. We report here that DRD2 and DRD3 correspond to the second-largest subunit and largest subunit, respectively, of a fourth class of DNA-dependent RNA ..
- Pontier D, Yahubyan G, Vega D, Bulski A, Saez Vasquez J, Hakimi M, et al. Reinforcement of silencing at transposons and highly repeated sequences requires the concerted action of two distinct RNA polymerases IV in Arabidopsis. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2030-40 pubmed publisher..contain the same second-largest subunit (NRPD2), but differ at least by their largest subunit, termed NRPD1a and NRPD1b. Unlike NRPD1a, NRPD1b possesses a reiterated CTD, a feature that also characterizes the largest subunit of RNAPII...
- Eamens A, Vaistij F, Jones L. NRPD1a and NRPD1b are required to maintain post-transcriptional RNA silencing and RNA-directed DNA methylation in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2008;55:596-606 pubmed publisher..In this work, mutants defective for the NRPD1a and NRPD1b alternative largest subunits of PolIV were tested for their ability to undergo RdDM, transitive RNA silencing and ..
- López Sánchez A, Stassen J, Furci L, Smith L, Ton J. The role of DNA (de)methylation in immune responsiveness of Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2016;88:361-374 pubmed publisher..Subsequent characterization of the hypo-methylated nrpe1 mutant, which is impaired in RNA-directed DNA methylation, and the hyper-methylated ros1 mutant, which is affected ..
- Zhong X, Hale C, Nguyen M, Ausin I, Groth M, Hetzel J, et al. Domains rearranged methyltransferase3 controls DNA methylation and regulates RNA polymerase V transcript abundance in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:911-6 pubmed publisher..This work sheds further light on the mechanism by which long noncoding RNAs facilitate RNA-directed DNA methylation. ..
- Dong L, Liu M, Fang Y, Zhao J, He X, Ying X, et al. DRD1-Pol V-dependent self-silencing of an exogenous silencer restricts the non-cell autonomous silencing of an endogenous target gene. Plant J. 2011;68:633-45 pubmed publisher..Mutations affecting nuclear proteins DRD1 and Pol V (NRPE1 or NRPD2) relieved exo-Pdsi self-silencing, resulting in higher levels of Pdsi transcripts, which increased the ..
- Lahmy S, Pontier D, Cavel E, Vega D, El Shami M, Kanno T, et al. PolV(PolIVb) function in RNA-directed DNA methylation requires the conserved active site and an additional plant-specific subunit. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:941-6 pubmed publisher..PolIV(PolIVa) and PolV(PolIVb), currently defined by their respective largest subunits [NRPD1(NRPD1a) and NRPE1(NRPD1b)], have been implicated in the production and activity of 24-nt small RNAs (sRNAs) in RNA-directed DNA methylation ..
- Han Y, Dou K, Ma Z, Zhang S, Huang H, Li L, et al. SUVR2 is involved in transcriptional gene silencing by associating with SNF2-related chromatin-remodeling proteins in Arabidopsis. Cell Res. 2014;24:1445-65 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that the involvement of SUVR2 in transcriptional gene silencing is related to nucleosome positioning mediated by its associated chromatin-remodeling proteins. ..