Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NRPD1A
Description: nuclear RNA polymerase D1A
Alias: F16P17.19, F16P17_19, NRPD1, NUCLEAR RNA POLYMERASE D 1A, POL IVA, SDE4, SILENCING MOVEMENT DEFICIENT 2, SMD2, nuclear RNA polymerase D1A, nuclear RNA polymerase D1A
Species: thale cress
- Li C, Pontes O, El Shami M, Henderson I, Bernatavichute Y, Chan S, et al. An ARGONAUTE4-containing nuclear processing center colocalized with Cajal bodies in Arabidopsis thaliana. Cell. 2006;126:93-106 pubmed..Our results suggest a function for Cajal bodies as a center for the assembly of an AGO4/NRPD1b/siRNA complex, facilitating its function in RNA-directed gene silencing at target loci...
- Pontes O, Li C, Costa Nunes P, Haag J, Ream T, Vitins A, et al. The Arabidopsis chromatin-modifying nuclear siRNA pathway involves a nucleolar RNA processing center. Cell. 2006;126:79-92 pubmed..cytosine methylation at endogenous DNA repeats in a pathway involving two forms of nuclear RNA polymerase IV (Pol IVa and Pol IVb), RNA-DEPENDENT RNA POLYMERASE 2 (RDR2), DICER-LIKE 3 (DCL3), ARGONAUTE4 (AGO4), the chromatin ..
- Zheng B, Wang Z, Li S, Yu B, Liu J, Chen X. Intergenic transcription by RNA polymerase II coordinates Pol IV and Pol V in siRNA-directed transcriptional gene silencing in Arabidopsis. Genes Dev. 2009;23:2850-60 pubmed publisher..This study establishes that intergenic transcription by Pol II is required for siRNA-mediated TGS, and reveals an intricate collaboration and division of labor among the three polymerases in gene silencing. ..
- Blevins T, Podicheti R, Mishra V, Marasco M, Wang J, Rusch D, et al. Identification of Pol IV and RDR2-dependent precursors of 24 nt siRNAs guiding de novo DNA methylation in Arabidopsis. elife. 2015;4:e09591 pubmed publisher..The 24 nt siRNAs primarily correspond to the 5' or 3' ends of P4R2 RNAs, suggesting a model whereby siRNAs are generated from either end of P4R2 duplexes by single dicing events. ..
- Eamens A, Vaistij F, Jones L. NRPD1a and NRPD1b are required to maintain post-transcriptional RNA silencing and RNA-directed DNA methylation in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2008;55:596-606 pubmed publisher..In this work, mutants defective for the NRPD1a and NRPD1b alternative largest subunits of PolIV were tested for their ability to undergo RdDM, transitive RNA ..
- Zhang X, Henderson I, Lu C, Green P, Jacobsen S. Role of RNA polymerase IV in plant small RNA metabolism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:4536-41 pubmed..We also describe a class of RNAP IV-independent siRNAs produced from endogenous single-stranded hairpin RNA precursors. ..
- Brosnan C, Mitter N, Christie M, Smith N, Waterhouse P, Carroll B. Nuclear gene silencing directs reception of long-distance mRNA silencing in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:14741-6 pubmed..We show that three genes involved in a chromatin silencing pathway, NRPD1a encoding RNA polymerase IVa, RNA-dependent RNA polymerase 2 (RDR2), and DICER-like 3 (DCL3), are required for ..
- Han Y, Dou K, Ma Z, Zhang S, Huang H, Li L, et al. SUVR2 is involved in transcriptional gene silencing by associating with SNF2-related chromatin-remodeling proteins in Arabidopsis. Cell Res. 2014;24:1445-65 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that the involvement of SUVR2 in transcriptional gene silencing is related to nucleosome positioning mediated by its associated chromatin-remodeling proteins. ..
- Dunoyer P, Himber C, Voinnet O. DICER-LIKE 4 is required for RNA interference and produces the 21-nucleotide small interfering RNA component of the plant cell-to-cell silencing signal. Nat Genet. 2005;37:1356-60 pubmed..At least three SILENCING MOVEMENT DEFICIENT genes (SMD1, SMD2 and SMD3) are required for trafficking, the extent of which correlates with siRNA levels in the veins...
- Mosher R. Maternal control of Pol IV-dependent siRNAs in Arabidopsis endosperm. New Phytol. 2010;186:358-64 pubmed publisher..This unique expression pattern links p4-siRNAs to double fertilization, parental genome interactions and imprinted gene expression. ..