Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NPQ1
Description: non-photochemical quenching 1
Alias: ARABIDOPSIS VIOLAXANTHIN DE-EPOXIDASE 1, AVDE1, F22O13.3, F22O13_3, VIOLAXANTHIN DE-EPOXIDASE PRECURSOR, non-photochemical quenching 1, non-photochemical quenching 1
Species: thale cress
- Larkindale J, Hall J, Knight M, Vierling E. Heat stress phenotypes of Arabidopsis mutants implicate multiple signaling pathways in the acquisition of thermotolerance. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:882-97 pubmed..Ethylene signaling mutants (ein2 and etr1) and reactive oxygen metabolism mutants (vtc1, vtc2, npq1, and cad2) were more defective in basal than acquired thermotolerance, especially under high light...
- Breitholtz H, Srivastava R, Tyystjärvi E, Rintamäki E. LHC II protein phosphorylation in leaves of Arabidopsis thaliana mutants deficient in non-photochemical quenching. Photosynth Res. 2005;84:217-23 pubmed..network for LHC II protein phosphorylation in vivo, we studied phosphorylation of LHC II proteins in the leaves of npq1-2 and npq4-1 mutants of Arabidopis thaliana...
- Havaux M, Dall Osto L, Bassi R. Zeaxanthin has enhanced antioxidant capacity with respect to all other xanthophylls in Arabidopsis leaves and functions independent of binding to PSII antennae. Plant Physiol. 2007;145:1506-20 pubmed..Suppression of zeaxanthin by crossing ch1 with npq1 resulted in oxidative stress in high light, while removing other xanthophylls or the PSII protein PsbS had no such ..
- Ware M, Belgio E, Ruban A. Comparison of the protective effectiveness of NPQ in Arabidopsis plants deficient in PsbS protein and zeaxanthin. J Exp Bot. 2015;66:1259-70 pubmed publisher..protect all PSII reaction centres (pNPQ) under a gradually increasing light intensity, in the zeaxanthin-deficient (npq1) Arabidopsis mutant, compared with PsbS protein-deficient (npq4) and wild-type plants...
- Simionato D, Basso S, Zaffagnini M, Lana T, Marzotto F, Trost P, et al. Protein redox regulation in the thylakoid lumen: the importance of disulfide bonds for violaxanthin de-epoxidase. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:919-23 pubmed publisher..Redox titration showed that VDE activity is sensitive to variation in redox potential, suggesting the possibility that dithiol/disulfide exchange reactions may represent a mechanism for VDE regulation. ..