Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NPH4
Description: Transcriptional factor B3 family protein / auxin-responsive factor AUX/IAA-like protein
Alias: ARF7, AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR 7, AUXIN-REGULATED TRANSCRIPTIONAL ACTIVATOR 7, AUXIN-RESPONSIVE TRANSCRIPTIONAL ACTIVATOR 7, BIP, BIPOSTO, IAA21, IAA23, IAA25, MASSUGU 1, MSG1, NON-PHOTOTROPHIC HYPOCOTYL, T1M15.130, T1M15_130, TIR5, TRANSPORT INHIBITOR RESPONSE 5, indole-3-acetic acid inducible 21, indole-3-acetic acid inducible 23, indole-3-acetic acid inducible 25, Transcriptional factor B3 family protein / auxin-responsive factor AUX/IAA-like protein
Species: thale cress
- Ulmasov T, Hagen G, Guilfoyle T. Activation and repression of transcription by auxin-response factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:5844-9 pubmed..The results provide new insight into mechanisms involved with auxin regulation of primary/early-response genes. ..
- Tatematsu K, Kumagai S, Muto H, Sato A, Watahiki M, Harper R, et al. MASSUGU2 encodes Aux/IAA19, an auxin-regulated protein that functions together with the transcriptional activator NPH4/ARF7 to regulate differential growth responses of hypocotyl and formation of lateral roots in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2004;16:379-93 pubmed..mutant, non-phototropic hypocotyl4 (nph4), which is a loss-of-function mutant of AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR7 (ARF7) (Harper et al., 2000)...
- Uehara T, Okushima Y, Mimura T, Tasaka M, Fukaki H. Domain II mutations in CRANE/IAA18 suppress lateral root formation and affect shoot development in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2008;49:1025-38 pubmed publisher..In the yeast two-hybrid system, IAA18 interacts with AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR 7 (ARF7) and ARF19, transcriptional activators that positively regulate lateral root formation...
- Li J, Dai X, Zhao Y. A role for auxin response factor 19 in auxin and ethylene signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2006;140:899-908 pubmed..Here we show that ARF19 and ARF7 not only participate in auxin signaling, but also play a critical role in ethylene responses in Arabidopsis (..
- Kim J, Harter K, Theologis A. Protein-protein interactions among the Aux/IAA proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:11786-91 pubmed..These interactions provide a molecular basis for the developmental and tissue-specific manner of auxin action. ..
- Hardtke C, Ckurshumova W, Vidaurre D, Singh S, Stamatiou G, Tiwari S, et al. Overlapping and non-redundant functions of the Arabidopsis auxin response factors MONOPTEROS and NONPHOTOTROPIC HYPOCOTYL 4. Development. 2004;131:1089-100 pubmed..loss- and gain-of-function mutants were used to assess the roles of two ARFs, NONPHOTOTROPIC HYPOCOTYL 4 (NPH4/ARF7) and MONOPTEROS (MP/ARF5), in Arabidopsis development...
- Arase F, Nishitani H, Egusa M, Nishimoto N, Sakurai S, Sakamoto N, et al. IAA8 involved in lateral root formation interacts with the TIR1 auxin receptor and ARF transcription factors in Arabidopsis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43414 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show that IAA8 is involved in lateral root formation, and that this process is regulated through the interaction with the TIR1 auxin receptor and ARF transcription factors in the nucleus. ..
- Okushima Y, Fukaki H, Onoda M, Theologis A, Tasaka M. ARF7 and ARF19 regulate lateral root formation via direct activation of LBD/ASL genes in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:118-30 pubmedLateral root formation in Arabidopsis thaliana is regulated by two related AUXIN RESPONSE FACTORs, ARF7 and ARF19, which are transcriptional activators of early auxin response genes...
- Lavenus J, Goh T, Guyomarc h S, Hill K, Lucas M, VoÃŸ U, et al. Inference of the Arabidopsis lateral root gene regulatory network suggests a bifurcation mechanism that defines primordia flanking and central zones. Plant Cell. 2015;27:1368-88 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, the predicted GRN revealed a mutual inhibition between the ARF7 and ARF5 modules that would control an early bifurcation between two cell fates...
- Wang J, Yan D, Yuan T, Gao X, Lu Y. A gain-of-function mutation in IAA8 alters Arabidopsis floral organ development by change of jasmonic acid level. Plant Mol Biol. 2013;82:71-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, IAA8 plays its role in floral organ development by changes in JA levels probably via its interaction with ARF6/8 proteins. ..
- Muto H, Nagao I, Demura T, Fukuda H, Kinjo M, Yamamoto K. Fluorescence cross-correlation analyses of the molecular interaction between an Aux/IAA protein, MSG2/IAA19, and protein-protein interaction domains of auxin response factors of arabidopsis expressed in HeLa cells. Plant Cell Physiol. 2006;47:1095-101 pubmed..We transiently expressed the C-terminal protein-protein interaction domains (CTDs) of Arabidopsis ARFs, MP/ARF5 and NPH4/ARF7, and MSG2/IAA19, fused to fluorescent proteins in HeLa cells, and determined their molecular interactions with ..
- Shin R, Burch A, Huppert K, Tiwari S, Murphy A, Guilfoyle T, et al. The Arabidopsis transcription factor MYB77 modulates auxin signal transduction. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2440-53 pubmed..A synergistic genetic interaction was demonstrated between MYB77 and ARF7 that resulted in a strong reduction in lateral root numbers...
- Okushima Y, Overvoorde P, Arima K, Alonso J, Chan A, Chang C, et al. Functional genomic analysis of the AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR gene family members in Arabidopsis thaliana: unique and overlapping functions of ARF7 and ARF19. Plant Cell. 2005;17:444-63 pubmed..lines fail to show an obvious growth phenotype except of the previously identified arf2/hss, arf3/ett, arf5/mp, and arf7/nph4 mutants, suggesting that there are functional redundancies among the ARF proteins...
- Cho H, Ryu H, Rho S, Hill K, Smith S, Audenaert D, et al. A secreted peptide acts on BIN2-mediated phosphorylation of ARFs to potentiate auxin response during lateral root development. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:66-76 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that phosphorylation of ARF7 and ARF19 by BRASSINOSTEROID-insensitive2 (BIN2) can also potentiate auxin signalling output during lateral root ..
- Wang S, Tiwari S, Hagen G, Guilfoyle T. AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR7 restores the expression of auxin-responsive genes in mutant Arabidopsis leaf mesophyll protoplasts. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1979-93 pubmed..An Arabidopsis mutant (nonphototropic hypocotyl4-1 [nph4-1]) that is a null for ARF7 showed strongly reduced expression of integrated auxin-responsive reporter genes and ..
- Fukaki H, Nakao Y, Okushima Y, Theologis A, Tasaka M. Tissue-specific expression of stabilized SOLITARY-ROOT/IAA14 alters lateral root development in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2005;44:382-95 pubmed..In addition, we demonstrated that expression of mIAA14-GR under either the ARF7 or the ARF19 promoter also suppressed LR formation as in the arf7 arf19 double mutants, and that IAA14 interacted ..
- Robles L, Deslauriers S, Alvarez A, Larsen P. A loss-of-function mutation in the nucleoporin AtNUP160 indicates that normal auxin signalling is required for a proper ethylene response in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2012;63:2231-41 pubmed publisher..Analysis of arf7-1/sar1-7 and arf19-1/sar1-7 double mutants revealed that mutations affecting either ARF7 or ARF19 function almost ..
- Zhou X, Song L, Xue H. Brassinosteroids regulate the differential growth of Arabidopsis hypocotyls through auxin signaling components IAA19 and ARF7. Mol Plant. 2013;6:887-904 pubmed publisher..and result in the morphological changes, while auxin-resistant mutants, msg2 (dominant mutant of IAA19) and arf7, are insensitive to the BR effect and can partially suppress the phenotype of bzr1-D (dominant mutant of BZR1 with ..
- Harper R, Stowe Evans E, Luesse D, Muto H, Tatematsu K, Watahiki M, et al. The NPH4 locus encodes the auxin response factor ARF7, a conditional regulator of differential growth in aerial Arabidopsis tissue. Plant Cell. 2000;12:757-70 pubmed..growth responses of aerial tissues, and we report that NPH4 encodes the auxin-regulated transcriptional activator ARF7. The phenotypes of nph4 mutants, which include multiple differential growth defects associated with reduced auxin ..
- Lasceve G, Leymarie J, Olney M, Liscum E, Christie J, Vavasseur A, et al. Arabidopsis contains at least four independent blue-light-activated signal transduction pathways. Plant Physiol. 1999;120:605-14 pubmed..The stomatal responses of light-grown mutant plants (cry1, cry2, nph1, nph3, nph4, cry1cry2, and nph1cry1) did not differ significantly from those of their wild-type counterparts...
- Korasick D, Westfall C, Lee S, Nanao M, Dumas R, Hagen G, et al. Molecular basis for AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR protein interaction and the control of auxin response repression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:5427-32 pubmed publisher..The crystal structure of the C-terminal interaction domain of Arabidopsis ARF7 reveals a Phox and Bem1p (PB1) domain that provides both positive and negative electrostatic interfaces for ..
- Korasick D, Chatterjee S, Tonelli M, Dashti H, Lee S, Westfall C, et al. Defining a two-pronged structural model for PB1 (Phox/Bem1p) domain interaction in plant auxin responses. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:12868-78 pubmed publisher..Here we investigate the thermodynamic and structural basis for Arabidopsis thaliana ARF7 PB1 domain self-interaction...
- Sun J, Qi L, Li Y, Zhai Q, Li C. PIF4 and PIF5 transcription factors link blue light and auxin to regulate the phototropic response in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2102-14 pubmed publisher..Our genetic assays demonstrate that IAA19 and IAA29, which physically interact with auxin response factor7 (ARF7), are sufficient for PIF4 to negatively regulate auxin signaling and phototropism...
- Narise T, Kobayashi K, Baba S, Shimojima M, Masuda S, Fukaki H, et al. Involvement of auxin signaling mediated by IAA14 and ARF7/19 in membrane lipid remodeling during phosphate starvation. Plant Mol Biol. 2010;72:533-44 pubmed publisher..of IAA14 (a repressor of auxin signaling), and arf7arf19, a loss-of-function mutant of auxin response factors ARF7 and ARF19. In slr-1 and arf7arf19, Pi stress-induced accumulation of DGDG and SQDG was suppressed...
- Wilmoth J, Wang S, Tiwari S, Joshi A, Hagen G, Guilfoyle T, et al. NPH4/ARF7 and ARF19 promote leaf expansion and auxin-induced lateral root formation. Plant J. 2005;43:118-30 pubmed..Mutations in ARF19 have little effect on their own, but in combination with mutations in NPH4/ARF7, encoding the most closely related ARF, they cause several phenotypes including a drastic decrease in lateral ..
- Oh E, Zhu J, Bai M, Arenhart R, Sun Y, Wang Z. Cell elongation is regulated through a central circuit of interacting transcription factors in the Arabidopsis hypocotyl. elife. 2014;3: pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a central growth-regulation circuit that integrates hormonal, environmental, and developmental controls of cell elongation in Arabidopsis hypocotyl. ..
- Chen Q, Liu Y, Maere S, Lee E, Van Isterdael G, Xie Z, et al. A coherent transcriptional feed-forward motif model for mediating auxin-sensitive PIN3 expression during lateral root development. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8821 pubmed publisher..Here we propose that AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR7 (ARF7) and the ARF7-regulated FOUR LIPS/MYB124 (FLP) transcription factors jointly form a coherent feed-forward motif ..