Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NF-YC2
Description: nuclear factor Y, subunit C2
Alias: ''nuclear factor Y, ATHAP5B, F14G9.21, HAP5B, nuclear factor Y, subunit C2, subunit C2'', nuclear factor Y, subunit C2
Species: thale cress
- Yamamoto A, Kagaya Y, Toyoshima R, Kagaya M, Takeda S, Hattori T. Arabidopsis NF-YB subunits LEC1 and LEC1-LIKE activate transcription by interacting with seed-specific ABRE-binding factors. Plant J. 2009;58:843-56 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a novel plant-specific mechanism for NF-Y subunit function that enables LEC1 and L1L to regulate a defined developmental network. ..
- Liu J, Howell S. bZIP28 and NF-Y transcription factors are activated by ER stress and assemble into a transcriptional complex to regulate stress response genes in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2010;22:782-96 pubmed publisher..Thus, in response to ER stress, bZIP28 is mobilized by proteolysis and recruits NF-Y subunits to form a transcriptional complex that upregulates the expression of ER stress-induced genes. ..
- Edwards D, Murray J, Smith A. Multiple genes encoding the conserved CCAAT-box transcription factor complex are expressed in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 1998;117:1015-22 pubmed..The unexpected presence of multiple forms of each HAP homolog in Arabidopsis, compared with the single genes in yeast and vertebrates, suggests that the HAP2,3,5 complex may play diverse roles in gene transcription in higher plants. ..
- Wenkel S, Turck F, Singer K, Gissot L, Le Gourrierec J, Samach A, et al. CONSTANS and the CCAAT box binding complex share a functionally important domain and interact to regulate flowering of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2006;18:2971-84 pubmed..During plant evolution, the number of genes encoding HAP proteins was greatly amplified, and these proteins may have acquired novel functions, such as mediating the effect of CCT domain proteins on gene expression. ..
- Mendes A, Kelly A, van Erp H, Shaw E, Powers S, Kurup S, et al. bZIP67 regulates the omega-3 fatty acid content of Arabidopsis seed oil by activating fatty acid desaturase3. Plant Cell. 2013;25:3104-16 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a transcriptional complex containing L1L, NF-YC2, and bZIP67 is induced by LEC1 during embryogenesis and specifies high levels of ALA production for storage oil by activating FAD3 expression...
- Li S, Liu J, Liu Z, Li X, Wu F, He Y. HEAT-INDUCED TAS1 TARGET1 Mediates Thermotolerance via HEAT STRESS TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR A1a-Directed Pathways in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2014;26:1764-1780 pubmed..HTT1 interacted with the heat shock proteins Hsp70-14 and Hsp40 and NUCLEAR FACTOR Y, SUBUNIT C2...
- Hackenberg D, Keetman U, Grimm B. Homologous NF-YC2 subunit from Arabidopsis and tobacco is activated by photooxidative stress and induces flowering. Int J Mol Sci. 2012;13:3458-77 pubmed publisher..It is proposed that NF-YC2 functions in floral induction and is a candidate gene among the NF-Y family for the transcriptional activation upon oxidative stress. ..
- Calvenzani V, Testoni B, Gusmaroli G, Lorenzo M, Gnesutta N, Petroni K, et al. Interactions and CCAAT-binding of Arabidopsis thaliana NF-Y subunits. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42902 pubmed publisher..Because of the general expansion of NF-Y genes in plants, these results most likely apply to other species. ..