Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NF-YC1
Description: nuclear factor Y, subunit C1
Alias: ''nuclear factor Y, ATHAP5A, HAP5A, nuclear factor Y, subunit C1, subunit C1'', nuclear factor Y, subunit C1
Species: thale cress
- Wenkel S, Turck F, Singer K, Gissot L, Le Gourrierec J, Samach A, et al. CONSTANS and the CCAAT box binding complex share a functionally important domain and interact to regulate flowering of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2006;18:2971-84 pubmed..During plant evolution, the number of genes encoding HAP proteins was greatly amplified, and these proteins may have acquired novel functions, such as mediating the effect of CCT domain proteins on gene expression. ..
- Yamamoto A, Kagaya Y, Toyoshima R, Kagaya M, Takeda S, Hattori T. Arabidopsis NF-YB subunits LEC1 and LEC1-LIKE activate transcription by interacting with seed-specific ABRE-binding factors. Plant J. 2009;58:843-56 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a novel plant-specific mechanism for NF-Y subunit function that enables LEC1 and L1L to regulate a defined developmental network. ..
- Calvenzani V, Testoni B, Gusmaroli G, Lorenzo M, Gnesutta N, Petroni K, et al. Interactions and CCAAT-binding of Arabidopsis thaliana NF-Y subunits. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42902 pubmed publisher..Because of the general expansion of NF-Y genes in plants, these results most likely apply to other species. ..
- Edwards D, Murray J, Smith A. Multiple genes encoding the conserved CCAAT-box transcription factor complex are expressed in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 1998;117:1015-22 pubmed..The unexpected presence of multiple forms of each HAP homolog in Arabidopsis, compared with the single genes in yeast and vertebrates, suggests that the HAP2,3,5 complex may play diverse roles in gene transcription in higher plants. ..
- Shi H, Ye T, Zhong B, Liu X, Jin R, Chan Z. AtHAP5A modulates freezing stress resistance in Arabidopsis through binding to CCAAT motif of AtXTH21. New Phytol. 2014;203:554-67 pubmed publisher..In this study, we showed that AtHAP5A as a transcription factor interacted with CCAAT motif in vivo, and AtXTH21, one direct target of AtHAP5A, was ..
- Hou X, Zhou J, Liu C, Liu L, Shen L, Yu H. Nuclear factor Y-mediated H3K27me3 demethylation of the SOC1 locus orchestrates flowering responses of Arabidopsis. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4601 pubmed publisherb>Nuclear factor Y (NF-Y) is a conserved heterotrimeric transcription factor complex that binds to the CCAAT motifs within the promoter region of many genes...
- Taira T, Sawai M, Ikeda M, Tamai K, Iguchi Ariga S, Ariga H. Cell cycle-dependent switch of up-and down-regulation of human hsp70 gene expression by interaction between c-Myc and CBF/NF-Y. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:24270-9 pubmed..The results indicate that the cell cycle-dependent expression of the hsp70 gene is regulated by the intracellular amount of c-Myc through the complex formation states between CBF/NF-Y and c-Myc. ..
- Tang Y, Liu X, Liu X, Li Y, Wu K, Hou X. Arabidopsis NF-YCs Mediate the Light-Controlled Hypocotyl Elongation via Modulating Histone Acetylation. Mol Plant. 2017;10:260-273 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight that NF-YCs can modulate plant development in response to environmental cues via epigenetic regulation. ..