Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NF-YB1
Description: nuclear factor Y, subunit B1
Alias: ''nuclear factor Y, ATHAP3, ATNF-YB1, HAP3, HAP3A, HEME ACTIVATOR PROTEIN (YEAST) HOMOLOG 3, HEME ACTIVATOR PROTEIN (YEAST) HOMOLOG 3A, NUCLEAR FACTOR Y SUBUNIT B1, T7F6.5, T7F6_5, nuclear factor Y, subunit B1, subunit B1'', nuclear factor Y, subunit B1
Species: thale cress
- Wenkel S, Turck F, Singer K, Gissot L, Le Gourrierec J, Samach A, et al. CONSTANS and the CCAAT box binding complex share a functionally important domain and interact to regulate flowering of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2006;18:2971-84 pubmed..show that this domain exhibits similarities to yeast HEME ACTIVATOR PROTEIN2 (HAP2), which is a subunit of the HAP2/HAP3/HAP5 trimeric complex that binds to CCAAT boxes in eukaryotic promoters...
- Nelson D, Repetti P, Adams T, Creelman R, Wu J, Warner D, et al. Plant nuclear factor Y (NF-Y) B subunits confer drought tolerance and lead to improved corn yields on water-limited acres. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:16450-5 pubmed publisher..Here we report the results of a functional genomics approach that identified a transcription factor from the nuclear factor Y (NF-Y) family, AtNF-YB1, which acts through a previously undescribed mechanism to confer improved performance ..
- Edwards D, Murray J, Smith A. Multiple genes encoding the conserved CCAAT-box transcription factor complex are expressed in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 1998;117:1015-22 pubmed..AtHAP2) cDNAs were cloned by functional complementation of a yeast hap2 mutant, and two independent forms each of AtHAP3 and AtHAP5 cDNAs were detected in the expressed sequence tag database...
- Calvenzani V, Testoni B, Gusmaroli G, Lorenzo M, Gnesutta N, Petroni K, et al. Interactions and CCAAT-binding of Arabidopsis thaliana NF-Y subunits. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42902 pubmed publisher..Because of the general expansion of NF-Y genes in plants, these results most likely apply to other species. ..
- Hou X, Zhou J, Liu C, Liu L, Shen L, Yu H. Nuclear factor Y-mediated H3K27me3 demethylation of the SOC1 locus orchestrates flowering responses of Arabidopsis. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4601 pubmed publisherb>Nuclear factor Y (NF-Y) is a conserved heterotrimeric transcription factor complex that binds to the CCAAT motifs within the promoter region of many genes...
- Sato H, Mizoi J, Tanaka H, Maruyama K, Qin F, Osakabe Y, et al. Arabidopsis DPB3-1, a DREB2A interactor, specifically enhances heat stress-induced gene expression by forming a heat stress-specific transcriptional complex with NF-Y subunits. Plant Cell. 2014;26:4954-73 pubmed publisher..Here, we identified DNA POLYMERASE II SUBUNIT B3-1 (DPB3-1), which was previously annotated as NUCLEAR FACTOR Y, SUBUNIT C10 (NF-YC10), as a DREB2A interactor, through a yeast two-hybrid screen...