Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NF-YA1
Description: nuclear factor Y, subunit A1
Alias: ''nuclear factor Y, ATHAP2A, AtNFYA1, EMB2220, EMBRYO DEFECTIVE 2220, HAP2A, NFYA1, T24H18.10, T24H18_10, nuclear factor Y, nuclear factor Y subunit A1, subunit A1, subunit A1'', nuclear factor Y, subunit A1
Species: thale cress
- Wenkel S, Turck F, Singer K, Gissot L, Le Gourrierec J, Samach A, et al. CONSTANS and the CCAAT box binding complex share a functionally important domain and interact to regulate flowering of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2006;18:2971-84 pubmed..During plant evolution, the number of genes encoding HAP proteins was greatly amplified, and these proteins may have acquired novel functions, such as mediating the effect of CCT domain proteins on gene expression. ..
- Mu J, Tan H, Hong S, Liang Y, Zuo J. Arabidopsis transcription factor genes NF-YA1, 5, 6, and 9 play redundant roles in male gametogenesis, embryogenesis, and seed development. Mol Plant. 2013;6:188-201 pubmed publisherb>Nuclear factor Y (NF-Y) is a highly conserved transcription factor presented in all eukaryotic organisms, and is a heterotrimer consisting of three subunits: NF-YA, NF-YB, and NF-YC...
- Hou X, Zhou J, Liu C, Liu L, Shen L, Yu H. Nuclear factor Y-mediated H3K27me3 demethylation of the SOC1 locus orchestrates flowering responses of Arabidopsis. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4601 pubmed publisherb>Nuclear factor Y (NF-Y) is a conserved heterotrimeric transcription factor complex that binds to the CCAAT motifs within the promoter region of many genes...
- Edwards D, Murray J, Smith A. Multiple genes encoding the conserved CCAAT-box transcription factor complex are expressed in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 1998;117:1015-22 pubmed..The unexpected presence of multiple forms of each HAP homolog in Arabidopsis, compared with the single genes in yeast and vertebrates, suggests that the HAP2,3,5 complex may play diverse roles in gene transcription in higher plants. ..
- Li Y, Fang Y, Fu Y, Huang J, Wu C, Zheng C. NFYA1 is involved in regulation of postgermination growth arrest under salt stress in Arabidopsis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61289 pubmed publisherThe nuclear factor Y (NF-Y), which is a ubiquitous transcription factor found in eukaryotes, is composed of three distinct subunits, namely, NF-YA, NF-YB, and NF-YC...
- Siriwardana C, Gnesutta N, Kumimoto R, Jones D, Myers Z, Mantovani R, et al. NUCLEAR FACTOR Y, Subunit A (NF-YA) Proteins Positively Regulate Flowering and Act Through FLOWERING LOCUS T. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006496 pubmed publisher..The NUCLEAR FACTOR Y (NF-Y) transcription factors are heterotrimeric complexes composed of NF-YA and histone-fold domain (HFD) ..