Gene Symbol: NCED6
Description: nine-cis-epoxycarotenoid dioxygenase 6
Alias: ATNCED6, NINE-CIS-EPOXYCAROTENOID DIOXYGENASE 6, nine-cis-epoxycarotenoid dioxygenase 6, nine-cis-epoxycarotenoid dioxygenase 6
Species: thale cress
- Lefebvre V, North H, Frey A, Sotta B, Seo M, Okamoto M, et al. Functional analysis of Arabidopsis NCED6 and NCED9 genes indicates that ABA synthesized in the endosperm is involved in the induction of seed dormancy. Plant J. 2006;45:309-19 pubmed..Our functional and expression analyses have revealed that AtNCED6 and AtNCED9 are required for ABA biosynthesis during seed development...
- Tan B, Joseph L, Deng W, Liu L, Li Q, Cline K, et al. Molecular characterization of the Arabidopsis 9-cis epoxycarotenoid dioxygenase gene family. Plant J. 2003;35:44-56 pubmed..AtNCED2, AtNCED3, and AtNCED6 are found in both stroma and thylakoid membrane-bound compartments...
- Seo M, Hanada A, Kuwahara A, Endo A, Okamoto M, Yamauchi Y, et al. Regulation of hormone metabolism in Arabidopsis seeds: phytochrome regulation of abscisic acid metabolism and abscisic acid regulation of gibberellin metabolism. Plant J. 2006;48:354-66 pubmed..Expression of an ABA biosynthesis gene, AtNCED6, and the inactivation gene, CYP707A2, was regulated in a photoreversible manner, suggesting a key role for the ..
- Iuchi S, Kobayashi M, Taji T, Naramoto M, Seki M, Kato T, et al. Regulation of drought tolerance by gene manipulation of 9-cis-epoxycarotenoid dioxygenase, a key enzyme in abscisic acid biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2001;27:325-33 pubmed..We improved drought tolerance by gene manipulation of AtNCED3 causing the accumulation of endogenous ABA. ..
- Martinez Andujar C, Ordiz M, Huang Z, Nonogaki M, Beachy R, Nonogaki H. Induction of 9-cis-epoxycarotenoid dioxygenase in Arabidopsis thaliana seeds enhances seed dormancy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:17225-9 pubmed publisher..plants were developed to permit conditional expression of a gene encoding 9-cis-epoxycarotenoid dioxygenase 6 (NCED6), a rate-limiting enzyme in abscisic acid (ABA) biosynthesis, using the ecdysone receptor-based plant gene switch ..
- Oh E, Yamaguchi S, Hu J, Yusuke J, Jung B, Paik I, et al. PIL5, a phytochrome-interacting bHLH protein, regulates gibberellin responsiveness by binding directly to the GAI and RGA promoters in Arabidopsis seeds. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1192-208 pubmed