Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MKK5
Description: MAP kinase kinase 5
Alias: ARABIDOPSIS THALIANA MITOGEN-ACTIVATED PROTEIN KINASE KINASE 5, ATMAP2K_ALPHA, ATMEK5, ATMKK5, MAP KINASE KINASE 5, MAP kinase kinase 5, MAP2K_A, MEK5, MAP kinase kinase 5
Species: thale cress
- Li K, Yang F, Zhang G, Song S, Li Y, Ren D, et al. AIK1, A Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase, Modulates Abscisic Acid Responses through the MKK5-MPK6 Kinase Cascade. Plant Physiol. 2017;173:1391-1408 pubmed publisher..Bimolecular fluorescence complementation analysis showed that MPK3, MPK6, and AIK1 interact with MKK5. The single mutant seedlings of mpk6 and mkk5 have similar phenotypes to aik1, but mkk4 does not...
- Ichimura K, Mizoguchi T, Irie K, Morris P, Giraudat J, Matsumoto K, et al. Isolation of ATMEKK1 (a MAP kinase kinase kinase)-interacting proteins and analysis of a MAP kinase cascade in Arabidopsis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;253:532-43 pubmed..By contrast, other combinations of MAPKs and MAPKKs did not suppress these yeast mutations. These results suggest that ATMEKK1, ATMKK2/MEK1, and ATMPK4 may constitute a MAP kinase cascade. ..
- Patharkar O, Walker J. Floral organ abscission is regulated by a positive feedback loop. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:2906-11 pubmed publisher..This study helps define the mechanisms and regulatory networks involved in a receptor-mediated signaling pathway that controls floral organ abscission. ..
- Zhao C, Nie H, Shen Q, Zhang S, Lukowitz W, Tang D. EDR1 physically interacts with MKK4/MKK5 and negatively regulates a MAP kinase cascade to modulate plant innate immunity. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004389 pubmed publisher..Here, we showed that EDR1 negatively regulates the MKK4/MKK5-MPK3/MPK6 kinase cascade in Arabidopsis...
- Liu H, Wang Y, Xu J, Su T, Liu G, Ren D. Ethylene signaling is required for the acceleration of cell death induced by the activation of AtMEK5 in Arabidopsis. Cell Res. 2008;18:422-32 pubmed publisher..In a conditional gain-of-function transgenic system, the activation of AtMEK5, a MAPK kinase, can in turn activate endogenous AtMAPK3 and AtMAPK6, and can lead to a striking increase in ..
- Yamada K, Yamaguchi K, Shirakawa T, Nakagami H, Mine A, Ishikawa K, et al. The Arabidopsis CERK1-associated kinase PBL27 connects chitin perception to MAPK activation. EMBO J. 2016;35:2468-2483 pubmed..These data indicate that PBL27 is the MAPKKK kinase that provides the missing link between the cell surface chitin receptor and the intracellular MAPK cascade in plants. ..
- Cho S, Larue C, Chevalier D, Wang H, Jinn T, Zhang S, et al. Regulation of floral organ abscission in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:15629-34 pubmed publisher..protein kinases HAESA (HAE) and HAESA-like 2 (HSL2), the Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Kinase 4 (MKK4) and MKK5, and a dominant-negative form of Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase 6 (MPK6) in a mpk3 mutant background all have ..
- Li K, Yang F, Miao Y, Song C. Abscisic acid signaling is involved in regulating the mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade module, AIK1-MKK5-MPK6. Plant Signal Behav. 2017;12:e1321188 pubmed publisher..2 snrk2.3 and pyr1 pyl1 pyl2 pyl4 mutants. These results indicated that AIK1-MKK5-MPK6 functions in ABA responses and requires ABA-responsive gene expression to regulate ABA-inhibited root growth ..