Gene Symbol: MIR159a
Alias: MICRORNA 159, MIR159, MIR159A, microRNA159A, p_MI0000189
Species: thale cress
- Li X, Bian H, Song D, Ma S, Han N, Wang J, et al. Flowering time control in ornamental gloxinia (Sinningia speciosa) by manipulation of miR159 expression. Ann Bot. 2013;111:791-9 pubmed publisher..Recent studies on model plants have elucidated that miR159 acts as a negative regulator of floral transition in short-day photoperiods...
- Li J, Reichel M, Millar A. Determinants beyond both complementarity and cleavage govern microR159 efficacy in Arabidopsis. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004232 pubmed publisher..Contrary to MIR159a variants that strongly silenced endogenous MYB33/MYB65, artificial MYB33 variants with central mismatches to ..
- Reichel M, Millar A. Specificity of plant microRNA target MIMICs: Cross-targeting of miR159 and miR319. J Plant Physiol. 2015;180:45-8 pubmed publisher..Arabidopsis miR319 and miR159 are two closely related but distinct miRNA families, as they are functionally specific for two different sets of ..
- Zheng Z, Reichel M, Deveson I, Wong G, Li J, Millar A. Target RNA Secondary Structure Is a Major Determinant of miR159 Efficacy. Plant Physiol. 2017;174:1764-1778 pubmed publisher..perform in planta silencing efficacy assays on seven Arabidopsis MYB genes, all of which contain conserved miR159-binding sites of analogous complementarity...
- Guo C, Xu Y, Shi M, Lai Y, Wu X, Wang H, et al. Repression of miR156 by miR159 Regulates the Timing of the Juvenile-to-Adult Transition in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2017;29:1293-1304 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that miR159 is required for the correct timing of vegetative development in Arabidopsis thaliana Loss of miR159 ..
- Song L, Han M, Lesicka J, Fedoroff N. Arabidopsis primary microRNA processing proteins HYL1 and DCL1 define a nuclear body distinct from the Cajal body. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:5437-42 pubmed..The HYL1 protein coimmunoprecipitates with miR171a and miR159a precursors, indicating that it is an integral component of the precursor processing machinery...