Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MAP65-1
Description: microtubule-associated proteins 65-1
Alias: ATMAP65-1, MCO15.18, MCO15_18, microtubule-associated proteins 65-1, microtubule-associated proteins 65-1
Species: thale cress
- Zhou S, Chen Q, Li X, Li Y. MAP65-1 is required for the depolymerization and reorganization of cortical microtubules in the response to salt stress in Arabidopsis. Plant Sci. 2017;264:112-121 pubmed publisher..MAP65-1 interacts with MPK6, not MPK3, affecting the MT's dynamic instability which is critical for plant salt-stress tolerance. ..
- Ho C, Lee Y, Kiyama L, Dinesh Kumar S, Liu B. Arabidopsis microtubule-associated protein MAP65-3 cross-links antiparallel microtubules toward their plus ends in the phragmoplast via its distinct C-terminal microtubule binding domain. Plant Cell. 2012;24:2071-85 pubmed publisher..We conclude that MAP65-3 contains a distinct C-terminal MT binding site with a specific role in cross-linking antiparallel MTs toward their plus ends in the phragmoplast. ..
- Smertenko A, Kaloriti D, Chang H, Fiserova J, Opatrny Z, Hussey P. The C-terminal variable region specifies the dynamic properties of Arabidopsis microtubule-associated protein MAP65 isotypes. Plant Cell. 2008;20:3346-58 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that the C-terminal variable region, MTB2, determines the dynamic properties of individual isotypes and suggest that slower turnover is conditional for more efficient microtubule polymerization. ..
- Mao G, Chan J, Calder G, Doonan J, Lloyd C. Modulated targeting of GFP-AtMAP65-1 to central spindle microtubules during division. Plant J. 2005;43:469-78 pubmed..It is concluded that AtMAP65-1 plays a role in the central spindle at anaphase to early cytokinesis but is not essential at the midline of the phragmoplast at later stages. ..
- Lucas J, Shaw S. MAP65-1 and MAP65-2 promote cell proliferation and axial growth in Arabidopsis roots. Plant J. 2012;71:454-63 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that MAP65-1 and MAP65-2 play a critical role in root growth by promoting cell proliferation and axial extension. ..
- Li H, Yuan M, Mao T. AtMAP65-1 binds to tubulin dimers to promote tubulin assembly. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;40:218-25 pubmed..On the contrast, AtMAP65-1 deltaC495, which bound to microtubules but not to tubulin dimers, did not affect tubulin assembly. Our study suggested that AtMAP65-1 might promote tubulin assembly by binding to tubulin dimers in vivo. ..
- Smertenko A, Chang H, Sonobe S, Fenyk S, Weingartner M, Bögre L, et al. Control of the AtMAP65-1 interaction with microtubules through the cell cycle. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:3227-37 pubmed..We conclude that normal metaphase spindle organisation and the transition to anaphase is dependent on inactivation of AtMAP65-1. ..
- Portran D, Zoccoler M, Gaillard J, Stoppin Mellet V, Neumann E, Arnal I, et al. MAP65/Ase1 promote microtubule flexibility. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:1964-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data provide new insights into how MAP65, by modifying MT mechanical properties, may regulate the formation of complex MT arrays. ..
- Beck M, Komis G, Muller J, Menzel D, Samaj J. Arabidopsis homologs of nucleus- and phragmoplast-localized kinase 2 and 3 and mitogen-activated protein kinase 4 are essential for microtubule organization. Plant Cell. 2010;22:755-71 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that ANP2/ANP3, MPK4, and the microtubule-associated protein MAP65-1, a putative target of MPK4 signaling, are all essential for the proper organization of cortical microtubules in Arabidopsis epidermal cells. ..
- Mao T, Jin L, Li H, Liu B, Yuan M. Two microtubule-associated proteins of the Arabidopsis MAP65 family function differently on microtubules. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:654-62 pubmed..It was concluded that these two MAP65 proteins were targeted to distinct sites, thus performing distinct functions in Arabidopsis cells. ..
- Boruc J, Weimer A, Stoppin Mellet V, Mylle E, Kosetsu K, Cedeño C, et al. Phosphorylation of MAP65-1 by Arabidopsis Aurora Kinases Is Required for Efficient Cell Cycle Progression. Plant Physiol. 2017;173:582-599 pubmed publisher..Phospho-mutant analysis shows that Aurora contributes to the microtubule bundling capacity of MAP65-1 in concert with other mitotic kinases. ..