Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LOX3
Description: lipoxygenase 3
Alias: ATLOX3, Arabidopsis thaliana lipoxygenase 3, F28G4.10, lipoxygenase 3, lipoxygenase 3
Species: thale cress
- Rossel J, Wilson P, Hussain D, Woo N, Gordon M, Mewett O, et al. Systemic and intracellular responses to photooxidative stress in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:4091-110 pubmed..Hence, SAA is distinct from pathogen-stimulated systemic acquired resistance and apparently involves a novel signal or combination of signals that preacclimate photosynthetic tissues to HL. ..
- Bannenberg G, MartÃnez M, Hamberg M, Castresana C. Diversity of the enzymatic activity in the lipoxygenase gene family of Arabidopsis thaliana. Lipids. 2009;44:85-95 pubmed publisher..None of the enzymes had dual positional specificity. The determined activities correlated with that predicted by their phylogenetic relationship to other biochemically-characterized plant lipoxygenases. ..
- Shin J, Heidrich K, Sánchez Villarreal A, Parker J, Davis S. TIME FOR COFFEE represses accumulation of the MYC2 transcription factor to provide time-of-day regulation of jasmonate signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:2470-82 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that TIC acts as an output component of the circadian oscillator to influence JA signaling directly. ..
- Heitz T, Bergey D, Ryan C. A gene encoding a chloroplast-targeted lipoxygenase in tomato leaves is transiently induced by wounding, systemin, and methyl jasmonate. Plant Physiol. 1997;114:1085-93 pubmed..The results suggest that the TomLoxD gene is up-regulated in leaves in response to wounding and encodes a chloroplast LOX that may play a role as a component of the octadecanoid defense-signaling pathway. ..
- Kilaru A, Herrfurth C, Keereetaweep J, Hornung E, Venables B, Feussner I, et al. Lipoxygenase-mediated oxidation of polyunsaturated N-acylethanolamines in Arabidopsis. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:15205-14 pubmed publisher..coli utilized NAE 18:2 and NAE 18:3 as substrates with AtLOX1 and AtLOX5 exhibiting 9-LOX activity and AtLOX2, AtLOX3, AtLOX4, and AtLOX6 showing predominantly 13-LOX activity...
- Royo J, Vancanneyt G, P rez A, Sanz C, St rmann K, Rosahl S, et al. Characterization of three potato lipoxygenases with distinct enzymatic activities and different organ-specific and wound-regulated expression patterns. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:21012-9 pubmed..From their deduced amino acid sequences, three distinct classes are defined (Lox1, Lox2, and Lox3)...
- Wang Z, Cao G, Wang X, Miao J, Liu X, Chen Z, et al. Identification and characterization of COI1-dependent transcription factor genes involved in JA-mediated response to wounding in Arabidopsis plants. Plant Cell Rep. 2008;27:125-35 pubmed..e., WRKY18, At1g74930 and At3g53600 in addition to AtMYC2, as the positive regulators in the JA-mediated signaling pathway in response to Arabidopsis wounding. ..
- López Cruz J, Finiti I, Fernández Crespo E, Crespo Salvador Ó, García Agustín P, González Bosch C. Absence of endo-1,4-?-glucanase KOR1 alters the jasmonate-dependent defence response to Pseudomonas syringae in Arabidopsis. J Plant Physiol. 2014;171:1524-32 pubmed publisher..the jasmonic acid (JA) pathway was activated more in kor1-1 plants with an increase in the JA-biosynthesis gene LOX3 and a greater accumulation of JA...
- Thatcher L, Manners J, Kazan K. Fusarium oxysporum hijacks COI1-mediated jasmonate signaling to promote disease development in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2009;58:927-39 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that F. oxysporum hijacks non-defensive aspects of the JA-signaling pathway to cause wilt-disease symptoms that lead to plant death in Arabidopsis. ..
- Caldelari D, Wang G, Farmer E, Dong X. Arabidopsis lox3 lox4 double mutants are male sterile and defective in global proliferative arrest. Plant Mol Biol. 2011;75:25-33 pubmed publisher..In this study, the roles of the other three 13-LOXs (LOX3, LOX4 and LOX6) were investigated in single and double mutants...
- Zhao Y, Zhou J, Xing D. Phytochrome B-mediated activation of lipoxygenase modulates an excess red light-induced defence response in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2014;65:4907-18 pubmed publisher..In conditions of RL-induced defence, Arabidopsis LOX activity and transcription levels of LOX2, LOX3, and LOX4 were both upregulated...