Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LOX2
Description: lipoxygenase 2
Alias: ARABIODOPSIS THALIANA LIPOXYGENASE 2, ATLOX2, lipoxygenase 2, lipoxygenase 2
Species: thale cress
- Bell E, Mullet J. Characterization of an Arabidopsis lipoxygenase gene responsive to methyl jasmonate and wounding. Plant Physiol. 1993;103:1133-7 pubmedA cDNA corresponding to the gene AtLox2 was isolated from an Arabidopsis thaliana library using a lipoxygenase (LOX) probe from soybean...
- Bannenberg G, MartÃnez M, Hamberg M, Castresana C. Diversity of the enzymatic activity in the lipoxygenase gene family of Arabidopsis thaliana. Lipids. 2009;44:85-95 pubmed publisher..None of the enzymes had dual positional specificity. The determined activities correlated with that predicted by their phylogenetic relationship to other biochemically-characterized plant lipoxygenases. ..
- Mochizuki S, Sugimoto K, Koeduka T, Matsui K. Arabidopsis lipoxygenase 2 is essential for formation of green leaf volatiles and five-carbon volatiles. FEBS Lett. 2016;590:1017-27 pubmed publisher..Here we identify a lipoxygenase 2 (LOX2) involved in GLV biosynthesis in Arabidopsis using mutant lines for each of the six LOX isoforms present ..
- Freire M, Tourneur C, Granier F, Camonis J, El Amrani A, Browning K, et al. Plant lipoxygenase 2 is a translation initiation factor-4E-binding protein. Plant Mol Biol. 2000;44:129-40 pubmed..thaliana using the yeast genetic interaction system identified a clone encoding a lipoxygenase type 2 (AtLOX2). In vitro and in vivo biochemical assays confirm an interaction between AtLOX2 and plant eIF4E(iso) factor...
- Jakob K, Kniskern J, Bergelson J. The role of pectate lyase and the jasmonic acid defense response in Pseudomonas viridiflava virulence. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2007;20:146-58 pubmed..thaliana to several strains of P. viridiflava collected from this host by quantifying the expression of PR-1 and LOX2/PDF1.2, which serve as markers for induction of the salicylic and jasmonic acid (JA) pathways, respectively...
- Weech M, Chapleau M, Pan L, Ide C, Bede J. Caterpillar saliva interferes with induced Arabidopsis thaliana defence responses via the systemic acquired resistance pathway. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:2437-48 pubmed publisher..This salivary-specific difference in jasmonic acid levels was alleviated in SAR(-) mutants. These results support the model that caterpillar saliva interferes with jasmonate-dependent plant defences by activating the SAR pathway. ..
- Kilaru A, Herrfurth C, Keereetaweep J, Hornung E, Venables B, Feussner I, et al. Lipoxygenase-mediated oxidation of polyunsaturated N-acylethanolamines in Arabidopsis. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:15205-14 pubmed publisher..Escherichia coli utilized NAE 18:2 and NAE 18:3 as substrates with AtLOX1 and AtLOX5 exhibiting 9-LOX activity and AtLOX2, AtLOX3, AtLOX4, and AtLOX6 showing predominantly 13-LOX activity...
- Bell E, Creelman R, Mullet J. A chloroplast lipoxygenase is required for wound-induced jasmonic acid accumulation in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:8675-9 pubmed..The potential involvement of a specific Arabidopsis thaliana lipoxygenase isozyme, LOX2, in the biosynthesis of the plant growth regulators jasmonic acid (JA) and abscisic acid was investigated...
- Zhao Y, Zhou J, Xing D. Phytochrome B-mediated activation of lipoxygenase modulates an excess red light-induced defence response in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2014;65:4907-18 pubmed publisher..In conditions of RL-induced defence, Arabidopsis LOX activity and transcription levels of LOX2, LOX3, and LOX4 were both upregulated...
- Ren C, Pan J, Peng W, Genschik P, Hobbie L, Hellmann H, et al. Point mutations in Arabidopsis Cullin1 reveal its essential role in jasmonate response. Plant J. 2005;42:514-24 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that the point mutations in AtCUL1 affect the assembly of COI1 into SCF, thus attenuating SCF(COI1) formation. ..
- Moran P, Thompson G. Molecular responses to aphid feeding in Arabidopsis in relation to plant defense pathways. Plant Physiol. 2001;125:1074-85 pubmed..Transcripts encoding JA-inducible lipoxygenase (LOX2) and SA/JA-inducible Phe-ammonia lyase increased 1.5- to 2-fold. PDF1...
- Thatcher L, Manners J, Kazan K. Fusarium oxysporum hijacks COI1-mediated jasmonate signaling to promote disease development in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2009;58:927-39 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that F. oxysporum hijacks non-defensive aspects of the JA-signaling pathway to cause wilt-disease symptoms that lead to plant death in Arabidopsis. ..