Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LHCB6
Description: light harvesting complex photosystem II subunit 6
Alias: CHLOROPHYLL PROTEIN 24, CP24, F7H2.16, F7H2_16, light harvesting complex photosystem II subunit 6, light harvesting complex photosystem II subunit 6
Species: thale cress
- Marin A, Passarini F, Croce R, van Grondelle R. Energy transfer pathways in the CP24 and CP26 antenna complexes of higher plant photosystem II: a comparative study. Biophys J. 2010;99:4056-65 pubmed publisher..femtosecond transient absorption study on the light-harvesting pigment-protein complexes CP26 (Lhcb5) and CP24 (Lhcb6) of Photosystem II. The complexes are excited at three different wavelengths in the chlorophyll (Chl) Qy region...
- Avenson T, Ahn T, Zigmantas D, Niyogi K, Li Z, Ballottari M, et al. Zeaxanthin radical cation formation in minor light-harvesting complexes of higher plant antenna. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:3550-8 pubmed
- Lucinski R, Misztal L, Samardakiewicz S, Jackowski G. The thylakoid protease Deg2 is involved in stress-related degradation of the photosystem II light-harvesting protein Lhcb6 in Arabidopsis thaliana. New Phytol. 2011;192:74-86 pubmed publisher..The ability to degrade the photosystem II light-harvesting protein Lhcb6 apoprotein in response to brief high-salt, wounding, high-temperature and high-irradiance stress was demonstrated ..
- Zienkiewicz M, Ferenc A, Wasilewska W, Romanowska E. High light stimulates Deg1-dependent cleavage of the minor LHCII antenna proteins CP26 and CP29 and the PsbS protein in Arabidopsis thaliana. Planta. 2012;235:279-88 pubmed publisher..The interaction of Deg1 with the PsbS protein and the minor LHCII subunits implies its involvement in the regulation of both excess energy dissipation and state transition adaptation processes. ..
- Betterle N, Ballottari M, Hienerwadel R, Dall Osto L, Bassi R. Dynamics of zeaxanthin binding to the photosystem II monomeric antenna protein Lhcb6 (CP24) and modulation of its photoprotection properties. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2010;504:67-77 pubmed publisherb>Lhcb6 (CP24) is a monomeric antenna protein of photosystem II, which has been shown to play special roles in photoprotective mechanisms, such as the Non-Photochemical Quenching and reorganization of grana membranes in excess light ..