Gene Symbol: LEUNIG
Description: transcriptional corepressor LEUNIG
Alias: L23H3.30, L23H3_30, LEUNIG, RON2, ROTUNDA 2, transcriptional corepressor LEUNIG
Species: thale cress
- Liu Z, Meyerowitz E. LEUNIG regulates AGAMOUS expression in Arabidopsis flowers. Development. 1995;121:975-91 pubmedb>LEUNIG was identified in a genetic screen designed to isolate second-site enhancer mutations of the floral homeotic mutant apetala2-1...
- Franks R, Liu Z, Fischer R. SEUSS and LEUNIG regulate cell proliferation, vascular development and organ polarity in Arabidopsis petals. Planta. 2006;224:801-11 pubmed..We have investigated the role of the SEUSS and LEUNIG genes in Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh...
- Gregis V, Sessa A, Colombo L, Kater M. AGL24, SHORT VEGETATIVE PHASE, and APETALA1 redundantly control AGAMOUS during early stages of flower development in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2006;18:1373-82 pubmed..The observed phenotypes remarkably resembled the leunig (lug) and seuss (seu) mutants...
- Franks R, Wang C, Levin J, Liu Z. SEUSS, a member of a novel family of plant regulatory proteins, represses floral homeotic gene expression with LEUNIG. Development. 2002;129:253-63 pubmed..The effects of seuss mutations are most striking when combined with mutations in LEUNIG, a previously identified repressor of AGAMOUS...
- Cnops G, Jover Gil S, Peters J, Neyt P, De Block S, Robles P, et al. The rotunda2 mutants identify a role for the LEUNIG gene in vegetative leaf morphogenesis. J Exp Bot. 2004;55:1529-39 pubmed..The RON2 gene was positionally cloned and was identical to LEUNIG (LUG); it encodes a transcriptional co-repressor that has been described to affect flower development...
- Sridhar V, Surendrarao A, Liu Z. APETALA1 and SEPALLATA3 interact with SEUSS to mediate transcription repression during flower development. Development. 2006;133:3159-66 pubmed..Previously, we identified and isolated two Arabidopsis transcription co-repressors LEUNIG (LUG) and SEUSS (SEU) that function together in a putative co-repressor complex to prevent ectopic AGAMOUS (AG) ..