Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LEC1
Description: Histone superfamily protein
Alias: AtLEC1, EMB 212, EMB212, EMBRYO DEFECTIVE 212, LEAFY COTYLEDON 1, NF-YB9, NUCLEAR FACTOR Y, SUBUNIT B9, T26F17.20, T26F17_20, Histone superfamily protein
Species: thale cress
- Lotan T, Ohto M, Yee K, West M, Lo R, Kwong R, et al. Arabidopsis LEAFY COTYLEDON1 is sufficient to induce embryo development in vegetative cells. Cell. 1998;93:1195-205 pubmedThe Arabidopsis LEAFY COTYLEDON1 (LEC1) gene is required for the specification of cotyledon identity and the completion of embryo maturation...
- Tao Z, Shen L, Gu X, Wang Y, Yu H, He Y. Embryonic epigenetic reprogramming by a pioneer transcription factor in plants. Nature. 2017;551:124-128 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the seed-specific transcription factor LEAFY COTYLEDON1 (LEC1) promotes the initial establishment of an active chromatin state at FLC and activates its expression de novo in the ..
- Cao S, Kumimoto R, Gnesutta N, Calogero A, Mantovani R, Holt B. A distal CCAAT/NUCLEAR FACTOR Y complex promotes chromatin looping at the FLOWERING LOCUS T promoter and regulates the timing of flowering in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2014;26:1009-17 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we show that NUCLEAR FACTOR Y (NF-Y) binds a CCAAT box in the distal enhancer element and that CCAAT disruption dramatically reduces FT ..
- Huang M, Hu Y, Liu X, Li Y, Hou X. Arabidopsis LEAFY COTYLEDON1 Mediates Postembryonic Development via Interacting with PHYTOCHROME-INTERACTING FACTOR4. Plant Cell. 2015;27:3099-111 pubmed publisher..Recent studies suggest LEAFY COTYLEDON1 (LEC1), initially identified as a central regulator in embryogenesis and seed maturation in Arabidopsis thaliana, plays a ..
- Jia H, Suzuki M, McCarty D. Regulation of the seed to seedling developmental phase transition by the LAFL and VAL transcription factor networks. Wiley Interdiscip Rev Dev Biol. 2014;3:135-45 pubmed publisher..The AFL B3 factors together with LEC1-type HAP3 transcription factors promote embryo maturation; whereas the VAL B3 factors repress the LEC1/AFL (LAFL) ..
- Junker A, Bäumlein H. Multifunctionality of the LEC1 transcription factor during plant development. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:1718-20 pubmed publisherb>LEC1 acts as a key regulator of embryogenesis in Arabidopsis thaliana, but is involved in a wide range of functions, all the way from embryo morphogenesis to seed maturation...
- Kumimoto R, Siriwardana C, Gayler K, Risinger J, Siefers N, Holt B. NUCLEAR FACTOR Y transcription factors have both opposing and additive roles in ABA-mediated seed germination. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59481 pubmed publisherIn the model organism Arabidopsis thaliana the heterotrimeric transcription factor NUCLEAR FACTOR Y (NF-Y) has been shown to play multiple roles in facilitating plant growth and development...
- Schneider A, Aghamirzaie D, Elmarakeby H, Poudel A, Koo A, Heath L, et al. Potential targets of VIVIPAROUS1/ABI3-LIKE1 (VAL1) repression in developing Arabidopsis thaliana embryos. Plant J. 2016;85:305-19 pubmed publisher..Seed development and metabolism are positively regulated by transcription factors belonging to the LAFL (LEC1, AB13, FUSCA3 and LEC2) regulatory network...