Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KIN10
Description: SNF1 kinase homolog 10
Alias: AKIN10, SNF1 kinase homolog 10, SNF1-RELATED PROTEIN KINASE, SNF1-RELATED PROTEIN KINASE 1.1, SNRK1.1, T4P13.22, T4P13_22, SNF1 kinase homolog 10
Species: thale cress
- Emanuelle S, Hossain M, Moller I, Pedersen H, van de Meene A, Doblin M, et al. SnRK1 from Arabidopsis thaliana is an atypical AMPK. Plant J. 2015;82:183-92 pubmed publisher..These data clearly demonstrate that AtSnRK1 is an atypical member of the SNF1/AMPK/SnRK1 family. ..
- Gissot L, Polge C, Jossier M, Girin T, Bouly J, Kreis M, et al. AKINbetagamma contributes to SnRK1 heterotrimeric complexes and interacts with two proteins implicated in plant pathogen resistance through its KIS/GBD sequence. Plant Physiol. 2006;142:931-44 pubmed..Altogether, these data suggest the existence of plant-specific SnRK1 trimeric complexes putatively involved in a plant-specific function such as plant-pathogen interactions. ..
- Tsugama D, Liu S, Takano T. A putative myristoylated 2C-type protein phosphatase, PP2C74, interacts with SnRK1 in Arabidopsis. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:693-8 pubmed publisher..Yeast two-hybrid analysis and GST pull-down analysis showed that PP2C74 interacts with AKIN10, the catalytic ? subunit of the SnRK1 protein kinase complex, the ? subunits of which are known targets of ..
- Im J, Cho Y, Kim G, Kang G, Hong J, Yoo S. Inverse modulation of the energy sensor Snf1-related protein kinase 1 on hypoxia adaptation and salt stress tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Environ. 2014;37:2303-12 pubmed publisher..Such promoter-based reporter induction was largely inhibited by hypoxia and hypoxia-inducible AKIN10 activity...
- Mohannath G, Jackel J, Lee Y, Buchmann R, Wang H, Patil V, et al. A complex containing SNF1-related kinase (SnRK1) and adenosine kinase in Arabidopsis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e87592 pubmed publisher..This study establishes the existence of SnRK1-ADK complexes that may play important roles in energy homeostasis and cellular responses to biotic and abiotic stress. ..
- Gissot L, Polge C, Bouly J, Lemaitre T, Kreis M, Thomas M. AKINbeta3, a plant specific SnRK1 protein, is lacking domains present in yeast and mammals non-catalytic beta-subunits. Plant Mol Biol. 2004;56:747-59 pubmed..These data suggest the existence of novel SnRK1 complexes including AKINbeta3-type subunits, involved in several functions among which some could be plant specific. ..
- Soto Burgos J, Bassham D. SnRK1 activates autophagy via the TOR signaling pathway in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182591 pubmed publisher..To test this hypothesis, we determined the effect of overexpression or knockout of the SnRK1 catalytic subunit KIN10 on autophagy activation by abiotic stresses, including nutrient deficiency, salt, osmotic, oxidative, and ER ..
- O Brien M, Kaplan Levy R, Quon T, Sappl P, Smyth D. PETAL LOSS, a trihelix transcription factor that represses growth in Arabidopsis thaliana, binds the energy-sensing SnRK1 kinase AKIN10. J Exp Bot. 2015;66:2475-85 pubmed publisher..The most frequent prey identified was AKIN10, the catalytic Î±-subunit of the Snf1-related kinase1 (SnRK1)...
- Guérinier T, Millan L, Crozet P, Oury C, Rey F, Valot B, et al. Phosphorylation of p27(KIP1) homologs KRP6 and 7 by SNF1-related protein kinase-1 links plant energy homeostasis and cell proliferation. Plant J. 2013;75:515-25 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results establish that the energy sensor AtSnRK1 plays a cardinal role in the control of cell proliferation in A. thaliana plants through inhibition of AtKRP6 biological function by phosphorylation. ..
- Nunes C, O Hara L, Primavesi L, Delatte T, Schluepmann H, Somsen G, et al. The trehalose 6-phosphate/SnRK1 signaling pathway primes growth recovery following relief of sink limitation. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1720-32 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that the T6P/SnRK1 signaling pathway responds to Suc induced by sink restriction that enables growth recovery following relief of limitations such as low temperature. ..
- Margalha L, Valerio C, Baena Gonzalez E. Plant SnRK1 Kinases: Structure, Regulation, and Function. Exp Suppl. 2016;107:403-438 pubmed..In this chapter, we review current knowledge on SnRK1, an atypical member of the SNF1/AMPK family, providing insight into its structure, regulation, and functions. ..
- Kleinow T, Bhalerao R, Breuer F, Umeda M, Salchert K, Koncz C. Functional identification of an Arabidopsis snf4 ortholog by screening for heterologous multicopy suppressors of snf4 deficiency in yeast. Plant J. 2000;23:115-22 pubmed..The catalytic subunits of Arabidopsis SnRKs, AKIN10 and AKIN11, interact with Snf4 and suppress the snf1 and snf4 mutations in yeast...
- Wurzinger B, Mair A, Fischer Schrader K, Nukarinen E, Roustan V, Weckwerth W, et al. Redox state-dependent modulation of plant SnRK1 kinase activity differs from AMPK regulation in animals. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:3625-3636 pubmed publisher..Here we report that the activity and T-loop phosphorylation of AKIN10, the kinase subunit of the SnRK1 complex, is regulated by the redox status...
- Farras R, Ferrando A, Jasik J, Kleinow T, Okrész L, Tiburcio A, et al. SKP1-SnRK protein kinase interactions mediate proteasomal binding of a plant SCF ubiquitin ligase. EMBO J. 2001;20:2742-56 pubmed
- Ferrando A, Koncz Kalman Z, Farras R, Tiburcio A, Schell J, Koncz C. Detection of in vivo protein interactions between Snf1-related kinase subunits with intron-tagged epitope-labelling in plants cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:3685-93 pubmed..interaction assay was used to demonstrate that AKINbeta2, a plant ortholog of conserved Snf1/AMPK beta-subunits, forms different complexes with the catalytic alpha-subunits of Arabidopsis SnRK protein kinases AKIN10 and AKIN11 in vivo.
- Nietzsche M, Schießl I, Börnke F. The complex becomes more complex: protein-protein interactions of SnRK1 with DUF581 family proteins provide a framework for cell- and stimulus type-specific SnRK1 signaling in plants. Front Plant Sci. 2014;5:54 pubmed publisher..containing the domain of unknown function (DUF) 581 could interact with both isoforms of the SnRK1? subunit (AKIN10/11) of Arabidopsis...
- Jeong E, Seo P, Woo J, Park C. AKIN10 delays flowering by inactivating IDD8 transcription factor through protein phosphorylation in Arabidopsis. BMC Plant Biol. 2015;15:110 pubmed publisher..Overproduction of AKIN10, the catalytic subunit of SnRK1, delayed flowering in Arabidopsis, as was observed in IDD8-deficient idd8-3 mutant...
- Tsai A, Gazzarrini S. Overlapping and distinct roles of AKIN10 and FUSCA3 in ABA and sugar signaling during seed germination. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:1238-42 pubmed publisher..Recently, we have identified AKIN10, the Arabidopsis ortholog of Snf1 (Sucrose Non-Fermenting-1)-Related Kinase1 (SnRK1), as a FUS3-interacting ..
- Cho Y, Hong J, Kim E, Yoo S. Regulatory functions of SnRK1 in stress-responsive gene expression and in plant growth and development. Plant Physiol. 2012;158:1955-64 pubmed publisher..Our findings offer insight into the regulatory functions of plant SnRK1 in stress-responsive gene regulation and in plant growth and development throughout the life cycle. ..
- Halimi Y, Dessau M, Pollak S, Ast T, Erez T, Livnat Levanon N, et al. COP9 signalosome subunit 7 from Arabidopsis interacts with and regulates the small subunit of ribonucleotide reductase (RNR2). Plant Mol Biol. 2011;77:77-89 pubmed publisher..We propose that the CSN is a negative regulator of RNR activity in Arabidopsis. ..
- Shin J, Sánchez Villarreal A, Davis A, Du S, Berendzen K, Koncz C, et al. The metabolic sensor AKIN10 modulates the Arabidopsis circadian clock in a light-dependent manner. Plant Cell Environ. 2017;40:997-1008 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that AKIN10, a catalytic subunit of the evolutionarily conserved key energy sensor sucrose non-fermenting 1 (Snf1)-related ..
- Bhalerao R, Salchert K, Bako L, Okrész L, Szabados L, Muranaka T, et al. Regulatory interaction of PRL1 WD protein with Arabidopsis SNF1-like protein kinases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:5322-7 pubmed..The yeast SNF1 protein kinase, a key regulator of glucose signaling, and Arabidopsis SNF1 homologs AKIN10 and AKIN11, which can complement the Deltasnf1 mutation, were found to interact with an N-terminal domain of the ..
- Shen W, Dallas M, Goshe M, Hanley Bowdoin L. SnRK1 phosphorylation of AL2 delays Cabbage leaf curl virus infection in Arabidopsis. J Virol. 2014;88:10598-612 pubmed publisher..This study provides new insights into the interaction of viral pathogens with their plant hosts at the level of viral protein modification by the host. ..
- Robertlee J, Kobayashi K, Suzuki M, Muranaka T. AKIN10, a representative Arabidopsis SNF1-related protein kinase 1 (SnRK1), phosphorylates and downregulates plant HMG-CoA reductase. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:1159-1166 pubmed publisher..In this study, we elucidated that AKIN10, an Arabidopsis SnRK1, acts as an HMGR kinase...