Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: JAZ6
Description: jasmonate-zim-domain protein 6
Alias: T10D10.8, T10D10_8, TIFY DOMAIN PROTEIN 11B, TIFY11B, jasmonate-zim-domain protein 6, jasmonate-zim-domain protein 6
Species: thale cress
- Pauwels L, Barbero G, Geerinck J, Tilleman S, Grunewald W, Pérez A, et al. NINJA connects the co-repressor TOPLESS to jasmonate signalling. Nature. 2010;464:788-91 pubmed publisher..This new insight reveals how stress-related and growth-related signalling cascades use common molecular mechanisms to regulate gene expression in plants. ..
- Thines B, Katsir L, Melotto M, Niu Y, Mandaokar A, Liu G, et al. JAZ repressor proteins are targets of the SCF(COI1) complex during jasmonate signalling. Nature. 2007;448:661-5 pubmed
- Yan Y, Stolz S, Chételat A, Reymond P, Pagni M, Dubugnon L, et al. A downstream mediator in the growth repression limb of the jasmonate pathway. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2470-83 pubmed..Both forms of JAS1 were found to localize to the nucleus in transient expression assays. Physiological tests of growth responses after wounding were consistent with the fact that JAS1 is a repressor of JA-regulated growth retardation. ..
- Fernández Calvo P, Chini A, Fernández Barbero G, Chico J, Gimenez Ibanez S, Geerinck J, et al. The Arabidopsis bHLH transcription factors MYC3 and MYC4 are targets of JAZ repressors and act additively with MYC2 in the activation of jasmonate responses. Plant Cell. 2011;23:701-15 pubmed publisher..Our results show that MYC3 and MYC4 are activators of JA-regulated programs that act additively with MYC2 to regulate specifically different subsets of the JA-dependent transcriptional response. ..
- Chung H, Howe G. A critical role for the TIFY motif in repression of jasmonate signaling by a stabilized splice variant of the JASMONATE ZIM-domain protein JAZ10 in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2009;21:131-45 pubmed publisher..The ability of JAZ10.4 to interact with MYC2 is consistent with a model in which a JAZ10.4-containing protein complex directly represses the activity of transcription factors that promote expression of JA response genes. ..
- Chini A, Fonseca S, Chico J, Fernández Calvo P, Solano R. The ZIM domain mediates homo- and heteromeric interactions between Arabidopsis JAZ proteins. Plant J. 2009;59:77-87 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that interaction with MYC2 is a common feature of the JAZ family, as most JAZ proteins can bind MYC2 in pull-down and yeast two-hybrid assays. ..
- Sheard L, Tan X, Mao H, Withers J, Ben Nissan G, Hinds T, et al. Jasmonate perception by inositol-phosphate-potentiated COI1-JAZ co-receptor. Nature. 2010;468:400-5 pubmed publisher..Our results unravel the mechanism of jasmonate perception and highlight the ability of F-box proteins to evolve as multi-component signalling hubs...
- Song S, Qi T, Fan M, Zhang X, Gao H, Huang H, et al. The bHLH subgroup IIId factors negatively regulate jasmonate-mediated plant defense and development. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003653 pubmed publisher..Coordinated regulation of JA responses by transcription activators and repressors would benefit plants by allowing fine regulation of defense and development, and survival in their frequently changing environment. ..
- Pauwels L, Ritter A, Goossens J, Durand A, Liu H, Gu Y, et al. The RING E3 Ligase KEEP ON GOING Modulates JASMONATE ZIM-DOMAIN12 Stability. Plant Physiol. 2015;169:1405-17 pubmed publisher..Our results provide additional evidence for KEG as an important factor in plant hormone signaling and a positive regulator of JAZ12 stability. ..