Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: JAR1
Description: Auxin-responsive GH3 family protein
Alias: AtGH3.11, F11C10.6, FAR-RED INSENSITIVE 219, FIN219, JASMONATE RESISTANT 1, Auxin-responsive GH3 family protein
Species: thale cress
- Asai T, Stone J, Heard J, Kovtun Y, Yorgey P, Sheen J, et al. Fumonisin B1-induced cell death in arabidopsis protoplasts requires jasmonate-, ethylene-, and salicylate-dependent signaling pathways. Plant Cell. 2000;12:1823-36 pubmed..degraded; from pad4-1 mutant plants, in which an SA amplification mechanism is thought to be impaired; or from jar1-1 or etr1-1 mutant plants, which are insensitive to jasmonate (JA) or ethylene (ET), respectively...
- Clarke J, Volko S, Ledford H, Ausubel F, Dong X. Roles of salicylic acid, jasmonic acid, and ethylene in cpr-induced resistance in arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2000;12:2175-90 pubmed..Epistasis analyses were performed between mutants that disrupt these pathways (npr1, eds5, ein2, and jar1) and mutants that constitutively activate these pathways (cpr1, cpr5, and cpr6), allowing exploration of the ..
- Suza W, Staswick P. The role of JAR1 in Jasmonoyl-L: -isoleucine production during Arabidopsis wound response. Planta. 2008;227:1221-32 pubmed publisherThe Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh. JASMONATE RESISTANT 1( JAR1) locus is essential for pathogen defense, but its role in wound response has not been investigated...
- Caputo C, Rutitzky M, Ballaré C. Solar ultraviolet-B radiation alters the attractiveness of Arabidopsis plants to diamondback moths (Plutella xylostella L.): impacts on oviposition and involvement of the jasmonic acid pathway. Oecologia. 2006;149:81-90 pubmed..The deterring effect of UV-B exposure on insect oviposition was absent in jar1-1, a mutant with impaired jasmonic acid (JA) sensitivity, but it was conserved in mutants with altered ethylene ..
- Westfall C, Zubieta C, Herrmann J, Kapp U, Nanao M, Jez J. Structural basis for prereceptor modulation of plant hormones by GH3 proteins. Science. 2012;336:1708-11 pubmed publisher..12/PBS3 and jasmonic acid-specific AtGH3.11/JAR1. These structures, combined with biochemical analysis, define features for the conjugation of amino acids to ..
- Staswick P, Tiryaki I. The oxylipin signal jasmonic acid is activated by an enzyme that conjugates it to isoleucine in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2004;16:2117-27 pubmed..acid conjugates of JA were tested for their ability to complement the JA-insensitive Arabidopsis thaliana mutant jar1-1...
- Pieterse C, Van Wees S, van Pelt J, Knoester M, Laan R, Gerrits H, et al. A novel signaling pathway controlling induced systemic resistance in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 1998;10:1571-80 pubmed..Using the jasmonate response mutant jar1, the ethylene response mutant etr1, and the SAR regulatory mutant npr1, we demonstrate that signal transduction ..
- Suhita D, Raghavendra A, Kwak J, Vavasseur A. Cytoplasmic alkalization precedes reactive oxygen species production during methyl jasmonate- and abscisic acid-induced stomatal closure. Plant Physiol. 2004;134:1536-45 pubmed..stomatal closure were examined in Arabidopsis wild type, ABA-insensitive (ost1-2), and MJ-insensitive mutants (jar1-1) in order to examine a crosstalk between ABA and MJ signal transduction...
- Rao M, Lee H, Creelman R, Mullet J, Davis K. Jasmonic acid signaling modulates ozone-induced hypersensitive cell death. Plant Cell. 2000;12:1633-46 pubmed..Analyses of the responses to O(3) of the JA-signaling mutants jar1 and fad3/7/8 also demonstrated an antagonistic relationship between JA- and SA-signaling pathways in controlling ..
- Chen C, Ho S, Kuo T, Hsieh H, Cheng Y. Structural basis of jasmonate-amido synthetase FIN219 in complex with glutathione S-transferase FIP1 during the JA signal regulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E1815-E1824 pubmed publisher..FR insensitive 219 (FIN219) is a member of the Gretchen Hagen 3 (GH3) family of proteins in Arabidopsis and belongs to the adenylate-..