Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IRX3
Description: Cellulose synthase family protein
Alias: ATCESA7, CELLULOSE SYNTHASE CATALYTIC SUBUNIT 7, CELLULOSE SYNTHASE CATALYTIC SUBUNIT, CELLULOSE SYNTHASE CATALYTIC SUBUNIT 7, CESA7, IRREGULAR XYLEM 3, MUR10, MURUS 10, T10B6.80, T10B6_80, Cellulose synthase family protein
Species: thale cress
- Ha M, MacKinnon I, Šturcová A, Apperley D, McCann M, Turner S, et al. Structure of cellulose-deficient secondary cell walls from the irx3 mutant of Arabidopsis thaliana. Phytochemistry. 2002;61:7-14 pubmedIn the Arabidopsis mutant irx3, truncation of the AtCesA7 gene encoding a xylem-specific cellulose synthase results in reduced cellulose synthesis in the affected xylem cells and collapse of mature xylem vessels...
- Zhong R, Demura T, Ye Z. SND1, a NAC domain transcription factor, is a key regulator of secondary wall synthesis in fibers of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2006;18:3158-70 pubmed..Together, our results reveal that SND1 is a key transcriptional activator involved in secondary wall biosynthesis in fibers. ..
- Timmers J, Vernhettes S, Desprez T, Vincken J, Visser R, Trindade L. Interactions between membrane-bound cellulose synthases involved in the synthesis of the secondary cell wall. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:978-82 pubmed publisher..A model is proposed for the secondary rosette structure. The RING-motif proved not to be essential for the interaction between the CESA proteins. ..
- Reiter W, Chapple C, Somerville C. Mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana with altered cell wall polysaccharide composition. Plant J. 1997;12:335-45 pubmed..Mutants with complex changes in monosaccharide composition are represented by the mur9, mur10 and mur11 loci...
- Liang Y, Xie X, Lindsay S, Wang Y, Masle J, Williamson L, et al. Cell wall composition contributes to the control of transpiration efficiency in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2010;64:679-86 pubmed publisher..We report the identification of a new allele of the Arabidopsis CesA7 cellulose synthase locus designated AtCesA7(irx3-5) involved in the control of TE. Leaves of the AtCesA7(irx3-5) mutant are warmer than the wild type (WT)...
- Watanabe Y, Meents M, McDonnell L, Barkwill S, SampathKumar A, Cartwright H, et al. Visualization of cellulose synthases in Arabidopsis secondary cell walls. Science. 2015;350:198-203 pubmed publisher..The formation of secondary cell wall thickenings was associated with a redistribution and enrichment of CESA7-containing cellulose synthase complexes (CSCs) into narrow membrane domains...
- Taylor N. Identification of cellulose synthase AtCesA7 (IRX3) in vivo phosphorylation sites--a potential role in regulating protein degradation. Plant Mol Biol. 2007;64:161-71 pubmed..one of the cellulose synthases essential for secondary cell wall cellulose synthesis in Arabidopsis thaliana, AtCesA7, is phosphorylated in vivo...
- Carroll A, Mansoori N, Li S, Lei L, Vernhettes S, Visser R, et al. Complexes with mixed primary and secondary cellulose synthases are functional in Arabidopsis plants. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:726-37 pubmed publisher..were used to assess the interactions between three primary (CESA1, CESA3, CESA6), and three secondary (CESA4, CESA7, CESA8) Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) CESAs...