Gene Symbol: HWS
Description: Galactose oxidase/kelch repeat superfamily protein
Alias: F15G16.3, HAWAIIAN SKIRT, Galactose oxidase/kelch repeat superfamily protein
Species: thale cress
- Kim E, Choe G, Sebastian J, Ryu K, Mao L, Fei Z, et al. HAWAIIAN SKIRT regulates the quiescent center-independent meristem activity in Arabidopsis roots. Physiol Plant. 2016;157:221-33 pubmed publisher..by genome sequencing of a pooled F2 population, we discovered two suppressor alleles with mutations in HAWAIIAN SKIRT (HWS)...
- Gonzalez Carranza Z, Zhang X, Peters J, Boltz V, Szecsi J, Bendahmane M, et al. HAWAIIAN SKIRT controls size and floral organ number by modulating CUC1 and CUC2 expression. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185106 pubmed publisherThe Arabidopsis thaliana F-box gene HAWAIIAN SKIRT (HWS) affects organ growth and the timing of floral organ abscission. The loss-of-function hws-1 mutant exhibits fused sepals and increased organ size...
- Takahashi N, Kuroda H, Kuromori T, Hirayama T, Seki M, Shinozaki K, et al. Expression and interaction analysis of Arabidopsis Skp1-related genes. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:83-91 pubmed..Both histochemical and RT-PCR analysis of eight ASK genes expression revealed unique expression patterns for the respective genes. ..
- Gonzalez Carranza Z, Rompa U, Peters J, Bhatt A, Wagstaff C, Stead A, et al. Hawaiian skirt: an F-box gene that regulates organ fusion and growth in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:1370-82 pubmed..thaliana) Columbia-0 wild-type plants was screened for floral phenotypes and a novel mutant, termed hawaiian skirt (hws), was identified that failed to shed its reproductive organs...
- Zhang X, Jayaweera D, Peters J, Szecsi J, Bendahmane M, Roberts J, et al. The Arabidopsis thaliana F-box gene HAWAIIAN SKIRT is a new player in the microRNA pathway. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0189788 pubmed publisherIn Arabidopsis, the F-box HAWAIIAN SKIRT (HWS) protein is important for organ growth. Loss of function of HWS exhibits pleiotropic phenotypes including sepal fusion...