Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HSP81-2
Description: heat shock protein 81-2
Alias: AtHsp90.2, EARLY-RESPONSIVE TO DEHYDRATION 8, ERD8, HEAT SHOCK PROTEIN 90.2, HEAT SHOCK PROTEIN 81-2, HEAT SHOCK PROTEIN 90.2, HSP81.2, HSP90.2, MDA7.7, MDA7_7, heat shock protein 81-2, heat shock protein 81.2, heat shock protein 81-2
Species: thale cress
- Lim C, Yang K, Hong J, Choi J, Yun D, Hong J, et al. Gene expression profiles during heat acclimation in Arabidopsis thaliana suspension-culture cells. J Plant Res. 2006;119:373-83 pubmed..Moreover, the transcriptional induction of DREB2 (dehydration responsive element-binding factor 2) subfamily genes and COR47/rd17 under heat stress suggested cross-talk between the signaling pathways for heat and dehydration responses. ..
- Yamada K, Fukao Y, Hayashi M, Fukazawa M, Suzuki I, Nishimura M. Cytosolic HSP90 regulates the heat shock response that is responsible for heat acclimation in Arabidopsis thaliana. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:37794-804 pubmed..Upon heat shock, cytosolic HSP90 is transiently inactivated, which may lead to HSF activation. ..
- Schweiger R, Soll J, Jung K, Heermann R, Schwenkert S. Quantification of interaction strengths between chaperones and tetratricopeptide repeat domain-containing membrane proteins. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:30614-25 pubmed publisher..The combinatory approach of several methods provided a powerful toolkit to determine binding affinities of similar interaction partners in a highly quantitative manner...
- Shigeta T, Zaizen Y, Asami T, Yoshida S, Nakamura Y, Okamoto S, et al. Molecular evidence of the involvement of heat shock protein 90 in brassinosteroid signaling in Arabidopsis T87 cultured cells. Plant Cell Rep. 2014;33:499-510 pubmed publisher..Together, our results provide important clues to elucidate HSP90s' functions in the BR signaling pathway in Arabidopsis. ..
- Kim T, Kim W, Fujiwara S, Kim J, Cha J, Park J, et al. HSP90 functions in the circadian clock through stabilization of the client F-box protein ZEITLUPE. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:16843-8 pubmed publisher..Unlike metazoan systems, HSP90 functions here within the core oscillator. Additionally, F-box proteins as clients may place HSP90 in a unique and more central role in proteostasis. ..
- Prasinos C, Krampis K, Samakovli D, Hatzopoulos P. Tight regulation of expression of two Arabidopsis cytosolic Hsp90 genes during embryo development. J Exp Bot. 2005;56:633-44 pubmed..The developmental and restricted pattern of expression of the AtHsp90-1 and -3 gene promoters in unstressed transgenic plants suggest prominent and distinctive roles of these two genes during different developmental processes. ..