Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HSFA2
Description: heat shock transcription factor A2
Alias: ATHSFA2, T19L18.4, T19L18_4, heat shock transcription factor A2, heat shock transcription factor A2
Species: thale cress
- Zhang L, Li Y, Xing D, Gao C. Characterization of mitochondrial dynamics and subcellular localization of ROS reveal that HsfA2 alleviates oxidative damage caused by heat stress in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2009;60:2073-91 pubmed publisherb>Heat shock transcription factor A2 (HsfA2) participates in multiple stress responses...
- Yu H, Yang X, Chen S, Wang Y, Li J, Shen Q, et al. Downregulation of chloroplast RPS1 negatively modulates nuclear heat-responsive expression of HsfA2 and its target genes in Arabidopsis. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002669 pubmed publisher..Although heat stress transcription factor HsfA2 and its downstream target genes are well studied, the regulatory mechanisms by which HsfA2 is activated in ..
- Li M, Berendzen K, Schöffl F. Promoter specificity and interactions between early and late Arabidopsis heat shock factors. Plant Mol Biol. 2010;73:559-67 pubmed publisher..A second set of heat shock promoters (HsfA2, Hsp17.6CII, Hsp17.6C-CI) was activated to much lower levels...
- Li C, Chen Q, Gao X, Qi B, Chen N, Xu S, et al. AtHsfA2 modulates expression of stress responsive genes and enhances tolerance to heat and oxidative stress in Arabidopsis. Sci China C Life Sci. 2005;48:540-50 pubmed..In this paper, we present evidence that AtHsfA2 modulated expression of stress responsive genes and enhanced tolerance to heat and oxidative stress in ..
- Liu J, Sun N, Liu M, Liu J, Du B, Wang X, et al. An autoregulatory loop controlling Arabidopsis HsfA2 expression: role of heat shock-induced alternative splicing. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:512-21 pubmed publisherHeat shock transcription factorA2 (HsfA2) is a key regulator in response to heat stress in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana), and its heat shock (HS)-induced transcription regulation has been extensively studied...
- Sugio A, Dreos R, Aparicio F, Maule A. The cytosolic protein response as a subcomponent of the wider heat shock response in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2009;21:642-54 pubmed publisher..associated with the heat shock promoter element and the involvement of specific heat shock factors (HSFs), notably HSFA2, which appears to be regulated by alternative splicing and non-sense-mediated decay...
- Masuda S, Tokaji Y, Kobayashi Y, Ohta H. Mechanisms of induction of the stress-responsive transcription factors HsfA2 and DREB2A by 12-oxo-phytodienoic acid in Arabidopsis thaliana. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2014;78:647-50 pubmed publisher..Here, we measured transcriptional responses of the OPDA-responsive genes HsfA2 and DREB2A to the protein synthesis inhibitor cycloheximide and to the HSP90 inhibitor geldanamycin...
- Tunc Ozdemir M, Tang C, Ishka M, Brown E, Groves N, Myers C, et al. A cyclic nucleotide-gated channel (CNGC16) in pollen is critical for stress tolerance in pollen reproductive development. Plant Physiol. 2013;161:1010-20 pubmed publisher..attenuated expression of several heat-stress response genes, including two heat shock transcription factor genes, HsfA2 and HsfB1...
- Banti V, Mafessoni F, Loreti E, Alpi A, Perata P. The heat-inducible transcription factor HsfA2 enhances anoxia tolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2010;152:1471-83 pubmed publisher..Among the transcription factors induced by both heat and anoxia, the heat shock factor A2 (HsfA2), known to be involved in Arabidopsis acclimation to heat and to other abiotic stresses, was strongly induced by ..
- Llamas E, Pulido P, Rodríguez Concepción M. Interference with plastome gene expression and Clp protease activity in Arabidopsis triggers a chloroplast unfolded protein response to restore protein homeostasis. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1007022 pubmed publisher..unfolded protein response (cpUPR) mechanism appears to be mediated by the heat shock transcription factor HsfA2. Expression of HsfA2 and cpUPR-related target genes is independent of GUN1, a central integrator of retrograde ..