Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HSC70-1
Description: heat shock cognate protein 70-1
Alias: ARABIDOPSIS THALIANA HEAT SHOCK COGNATE PROTEIN 70-1, AT-HSC70-1, AtHsp70-1, HEAT SHOCK COGNATE PROTEIN 70, HEAT SHOCK PROTEIN 70-1, HSC70, HSP70-1, T22P11.90, T22P11_90, heat shock cognate protein 70-1, heat shock cognate protein 70-1
Species: thale cress
- Isono E, Katsiarimpa A, Müller I, Anzenberger F, Stierhof Y, Geldner N, et al. The deubiquitinating enzyme AMSH3 is required for intracellular trafficking and vacuole biogenesis in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2010;22:1826-37 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, AMSH3 is required for efficient endocytosis of the styryl dye FM4-64 and the auxin efflux facilitator PIN2. We thus present evidence for a role of deubiquitination in intracellular trafficking and vacuole biogenesis. ..
- Kang C, Jung W, Kang Y, Kim J, Kim D, Jeong J, et al. AtBAG6, a novel calmodulin-binding protein, induces programmed cell death in yeast and plants. Cell Death Differ. 2006;13:84-95 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that AtBAG6 is a stress-upregulated CaM-binding protein involved in plant PCD. ..
- Brkljacic J, Zhao Q, Meier I. WPP-domain proteins mimic the activity of the HSC70-1 chaperone in preventing mistargeting of RanGAP1-anchoring protein WIT1. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:142-54 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that WIT1 also binds WPP1 and WPP2 in planta, we identify the chaperone heat shock cognate protein 70-1 (HSC70-1) as in vivo interaction partner of WPP1 and WPP2, and we show that HSC70-1 interacts in ..
- Pusch S, Harashima H, Schnittger A. Identification of kinase substrates by bimolecular complementation assays. Plant J. 2012;70:348-56 pubmed publisher..As a proof of functionality, we present the identification and in vivo confirmation of substrates of the major cell-cycle kinase in Arabidopsis, revealing a direct link between cell proliferation and the control of the redox state. ..
- Aparicio F, Thomas C, Lederer C, Niu Y, Wang D, Maule A. Virus induction of heat shock protein 70 reflects a general response to protein accumulation in the plant cytosol. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:529-36 pubmed..This phenomenon is reminiscent of the unfolded protein response observed when the induced accumulation of proteins in the endoplasmic reticulum also induces a specific suite of chaperones. ..
- Gou M, Zhang Z, Zhang N, Huang Q, Monaghan J, Yang H, et al. Opposing Effects on Two Phases of Defense Responses from Concerted Actions of HEAT SHOCK COGNATE70 and BONZAI1 in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2015;169:2304-23 pubmed publisher..The HEAT SHOCK COGNATE70 (HSC70), while previously known as a negative regulator of stomatal closure, is a positive regulator of immune responses ..
- TrÃ¶sch R, TÃ¶pel M, Flores PÃ©rez Ã, Jarvis P. Genetic and Physical Interaction Studies Reveal Functional Similarities between ALBINO3 and ALBINO4 in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2015;169:1292-306 pubmed publisher..g. cytochrome f and the Rieske protein). Although ALB4 has clearly diverged from ALB3 in relation to the partner-recruiting C-terminal domain, our analysis suggests that one putative cpSRP-binding motif has not been entirely lost. ..
- Cazalé A, Clement M, Chiarenza S, Roncato M, Pochon N, Creff A, et al. Altered expression of cytosolic/nuclear HSC70-1 molecular chaperone affects development and abiotic stress tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana. J Exp Bot. 2009;60:2653-64 pubmed publisherMolecular chaperones of the heat shock cognate 70 kDa (HSC70) family are highly conserved in all living organisms and assist nascent protein folding in normal physiological conditions as well as in biotic and abiotic stress conditions...