Gene Symbol: HKT1
Description: sodium transporter HKT1
Alias: ATHKT1, T9A4.5, high-affinity K+ transporter 1
Species: thale cress
- Enhanced salt tolerance mediated by AtHKT1 transporter-induced Na unloading from xylem vessels to xylem parenchyma cells- Sunarpi
Bioscience and Biotechnology Center, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Plant J 44:928-38. 2005b>AtHKT1 is a sodium (Na+) transporter that functions in mediating tolerance to salt stress...
- A coastal cline in sodium accumulation in Arabidopsis thaliana is driven by natural variation of the sodium transporter AtHKT1;1Ivan Baxter
United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, Plant Genetics Research Unit, Donald Danforth Plant Sciences Center, St Louis, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS Genet 6:e1001193. 2010..complementation, and gene expression studies to identify cis-regulatory expression level polymorphisms at the AtHKT1;1 locus, encoding a known sodium (Na(+)) transporter, as being a major factor controlling natural variation in ..
- HKT transporter-mediated salinity resistance mechanisms in Arabidopsis and monocot crop plantsTomoaki Horie
Group of Molecular and Functional Plant Biology, Research Institute for Bioresources, Okayama University, Kurashiki, Okayama 710 0046, Japan
Trends Plant Sci 14:660-8. 2009..mechanisms mediating salinity resistance have been identified in Arabidopsis , including the AtSOS1, AtNHX and AtHKT1;1 transporters...
- Shoot Na+ exclusion and increased salinity tolerance engineered by cell type-specific alteration of Na+ transport in ArabidopsisInge S Møller
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3EA, United Kingdom
Plant Cell 21:2163-78. 2009..Here, it is shown that expression of the Na+ transporter HKT1;1 in the mature root stele of Arabidopsis thaliana decreases Na+ accumulation in the shoot by 37 to 64%...
- AtHKT1 is a salt tolerance determinant that controls Na(+) entry into plant rootsA Rus
Center for Plant Environmental Stress Physiology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 1165, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:14150-5. 2001..flanking the T-DNA left border indicated that sos3-1 hkt1-1 and sos3-1 hkt1-2 plants have allelic mutations in AtHKT1. AtHKT1 mRNA is more abundant in roots than shoots of wild-type plants but is not detected in plants of either ..
- AtHKT1 facilitates Na+ homeostasis and K+ nutrition in plantaAna Rus
Center for Plant Environmental Stress Physiology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2010, USA
Plant Physiol 136:2500-11. 2004Genetic and physiological data establish that Arabidopsis AtHKT1 facilitates Na(+) homeostasis in planta and by this function modulates K(+) nutrient status...
- Natural variants of AtHKT1 enhance Na+ accumulation in two wild populations of ArabidopsisAna Rus
Center for Plant Environmental Stress Physiology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, United States of America
PLoS Genet 2:e210. 2006..We identify AtHKT1, known to encode a Na(+) transporter, as being the causal locus driving elevated shoot Na(+) in both Ts-1 and Tsu-..
- The Arabidopsis HKT1 gene homolog mediates inward Na(+) currents in xenopus laevis oocytes and Na(+) uptake in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeN Uozumi
BioScience Center, Nagoya University, Nagoya, 464 8601, Japan
Plant Physiol 122:1249-59. 2000..We report here the isolation of a cDNA homologous to HKT1 from Arabidopsis (AtHKT1) and the characterization of its mode of ion transport in heterologous systems...
- Functional analysis of AtHKT1 in Arabidopsis shows that Na(+) recirculation by the phloem is crucial for salt tolerancePierre Berthomieu
Biochimie et Physiologie Moleculaire des Plantes, UMR 5004, ENSA M INRA CNRS UMII and UMR Agronomie Ecophysiologie des Plantes sous Stress Environnementaux, INRA ENSA M, 34060 Montpellier Cedex 2, France
EMBO J 22:2004-14. 2003..The sas2 locus was found (by positional cloning) to correspond to the AtHKT1 gene...
- Improved salinity tolerance of rice through cell type-specific expression of AtHKT1;1Darren Plett
Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics, University of Adelaide, Glen Osmond, South Australia, Australia
PLoS ONE 5:e12571. 2010Previously, cell type-specific expression of AtHKT1;1, a sodium transporter, improved sodium (Na(+)) exclusion and salinity tolerance in Arabidopsis...
- Soil bacteria confer plant salt tolerance by tissue-specific regulation of the sodium transporter HKT1Huiming Zhang
Texas Tech University, Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Biology Lubbock 79409, U S A
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 21:737-44. 2008..Consistent with HKT1 participation in GB03-induced salt tolerance, GB03 fails to rescue salt-stressed athkt1 mutants from stunted foliar growth and elevated total Na(+) whereas salt-stressed Na(+) export mutants sos3 show ..
- The Na+ transporter AtHKT1;1 controls retrieval of Na+ from the xylem in ArabidopsisRomola Jane Davenport
Department of Plant Sciences, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EA, UK
Plant Cell Environ 30:497-507. 2007..hypotheses using (22)Na(+) flux measurements and ion accumulation assays in an hkt1;1 mutant and demonstrated that AtHKT1;1 contributes to the control of both root accumulation of Na(+) and retrieval of Na(+) from the xylem, but is not ..
- Calcium regulation of sodium hypersensitivities of sos3 and athkt1 mutantsTomoaki Horie
Division of Biological Sciences, Cell and Developmental Biology Section, and Center for Molecular Genetics, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0116, USA
Plant Cell Physiol 47:622-33. 2006T-DNA disruption mutations in the AtHKT1 gene have previously been shown to suppress the salt sensitivity of the sos3 mutant. However, both sos3 and athkt1 single mutants show sodium (Na+) hypersensitivity...
- Type-B response regulators ARR1 and ARR12 regulate expression of AtHKT1;1 and accumulation of sodium in Arabidopsis shootsMichael G Mason
School of Biological Sciences, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland 4072, Australia
Plant J 64:753-63. 2010..Expression of the gene encoding Arabidopsis high-affinity K(+) transporter 1;1 (AtHKT1;1), a gene responsible for removing sodium ions from the root xylem, was repressed by cytokinin treatment, but ..