Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HEMA1
Description: Glutamyl-tRNA reductase family protein
Alias: Arabidopsis thaliana hemA 1, AtHEMA1, F19C14.9, F19C14_9, Glutamyl-tRNA reductase family protein
Species: thale cress
- Kauss D, Bischof S, Steiner S, Apel K, Meskauskiene R. FLU, a negative feedback regulator of tetrapyrrole biosynthesis, is physically linked to the final steps of the Mg(++)-branch of this pathway. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:211-6 pubmed publisher..The results support the notion that FLU links chlorophyll synthesis and the target of feedback control, glutamyl-tRNA reductase, thereby allowing also the Mg-branch to control the initial step of tetrapyrrole synthesis. ..
- Zhang M, Zhang F, Fang Y, Chen X, Chen Y, Zhang W, et al. The Non-canonical Tetratricopeptide Repeat (TPR) Domain of Fluorescent (FLU) Mediates Complex Formation with Glutamyl-tRNA Reductase. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:17559-65 pubmed publisher..These results also provide insights into the spatial regulation of ALA synthesis by the membrane-located FLU protein. ..
- Ilag L, Kumar A, Soll D. Light regulation of chlorophyll biosynthesis at the level of 5-aminolevulinate formation in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 1994;6:265-75 pubmed..Thus, light may regulate ALA, and hence chlorophyll formation, by exerting coordinated transcriptional control over both enzymes of the C5 pathway. ..
- McCormac A, Terry M. The nuclear genes Lhcb and HEMA1 are differentially sensitive to plastid signals and suggest distinct roles for the GUN1 and GUN5 plastid-signalling pathways during de-etiolation. Plant J. 2004;40:672-85 pubmed..seedlings, we followed the expression of three nuclear genes, Lhcb, HEMA1 and GSA, under a variety of treatments (Norflurazon, lincomycin and a far-red light pre-treatment) leading to ..
- Schmied J, Hedtke B, Grimm B. Overexpression of HEMA1 encoding glutamyl-tRNA reductase. J Plant Physiol. 2011;168:1372-9 pubmed publisher..2007). Here, the regulatory impact of GluTR was investigated by overexpression of AtHEMA1 in Arabidopsis and tobacco plants...
- Zhao A, Fang Y, Chen X, Zhao S, Dong W, Lin Y, et al. Crystal structure of Arabidopsis glutamyl-tRNA reductase in complex with its stimulator protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:6630-5 pubmed publisher..We propose a catalytic mechanism model for GluTR, through which photosynthetic organisms can achieve precise regulation of tetrapyrrole biosynthesis. ..