Gene Symbol: GSTF8
Description: glutathione S-transferase phi 8
Alias: ATGSTF5, ATGSTF8, Arabidopsis thaliana glutathione S-transferase phi 8, F17A22.12, GLUTATHIONE S-TRANSFERASE (CLASS PHI) 5, GLUTATHIONE S-TRANSFERASE 16, GST6, glutathione S-transferase phi 8, glutathione S-transferase phi 8
Species: thale cress
- Foley R, Sappl P, Perl Treves R, Millar A, Singh K. Desensitization of GSTF8 induction by a prior chemical treatment is long lasting and operates in a tissue-dependent manner. Plant Physiol. 2006;142:245-53 pubmedThe Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) GSTF8 gene is a member of the glutathione S-transferase (GST) family whose expression is induced by defense signals, certain chemical stresses, and some pathogens...
- Chen W, Chao G, Singh K. The promoter of a H2O2-inducible, Arabidopsis glutathione S-transferase gene contains closely linked OBF- and OBP1-binding sites. Plant J. 1996;10:955-66 pubmed..An Arabidopsis GST gene, called GST6 has been isolated...
- Sappl P, Oñate Sánchez L, Singh K, Millar A. Proteomic analysis of glutathione S -transferases of Arabidopsis thaliana reveals differential salicylic acid-induced expression of the plant-specific phi and tau classes. Plant Mol Biol. 2004;54:205-19 pubmed
- Thatcher L, Carrie C, Andersson C, Sivasithamparam K, Whelan J, Singh K. Differential gene expression and subcellular targeting of Arabidopsis glutathione S-transferase F8 is achieved through alternative transcription start sites. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:28915-28 pubmed..describes additional complexity in the regulation of the well characterized stress-responsive Arabidopsis thaliana GSTF8 promoter...
- Mueller S, Hilbert B, Dueckershoff K, Roitsch T, Krischke M, Mueller M, et al. General detoxification and stress responses are mediated by oxidized lipids through TGA transcription factors in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2008;20:768-85 pubmed publisher..Hence, oxidized lipids may activate chemosensory mechanisms of a general broad-spectrum detoxification network involving TGA transcription factors. ..
- Chen W, Singh K. The auxin, hydrogen peroxide and salicylic acid induced expression of the Arabidopsis GST6 promoter is mediated in part by an ocs element. Plant J. 1999;19:667-77 pubmed..We previously isolated an Arabidopsis GST gene, called GST6, which contained an ocs-like element...