Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GSH1
Description: glutamate-cysteine ligase
Alias: ATECS1, AtGSH1, CAD2, CADMIUM SENSITIVE 2, F7H19.290, F7H19_290, GAMMA-GLUTAMYL-CYSTEINE SYNTHETASE, GAMMA-GLUTAMYLCYSTEINE SYNTHETASE, GLUTAMATE-CYSTEINE LIGASE, GSHA, PAD2, PHYTOALEXIN DEFICIENT 2, RML1, ROOT MERISTEMLESS 1, glutamate-cysteine ligase, glutamate-cysteine ligase
Species: thale cress
- Wachter A, Wolf S, Steininger H, Bogs J, Rausch T. Differential targeting of GSH1 and GSH2 is achieved by multiple transcription initiation: implications for the compartmentation of glutathione biosynthesis in the Brassicaceae. Plant J. 2005;41:15-30 pubmedThe genome of Arabidopsis thaliana reveals that in this species the enzymes of glutathione biosynthesis, GSH1 and GSH2, are encoded by single genes...
- Larkindale J, Hall J, Knight M, Vierling E. Heat stress phenotypes of Arabidopsis mutants implicate multiple signaling pathways in the acquisition of thermotolerance. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:882-97 pubmed..Ethylene signaling mutants (ein2 and etr1) and reactive oxygen metabolism mutants (vtc1, vtc2, npq1, and cad2) were more defective in basal than acquired thermotolerance, especially under high light...
- Ogawa K, Tasaka Y, Mino M, Tanaka Y, Iwabuchi M. Association of glutathione with flowering in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2001;42:524-30 pubmed..An A. thaliana mutant, cad2-1, which has a defect in GSH biosynthesis also exhibited late flowering...
- Hicks L, Cahoon R, Bonner E, Rivard R, Sheffield J, Jez J. Thiol-based regulation of redox-active glutamate-cysteine ligase from Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2653-61 pubmed
- Schlaeppi K, Bodenhausen N, Buchala A, Mauch F, Reymond P. The glutathione-deficient mutant pad2-1 accumulates lower amounts of glucosinolates and is more susceptible to the insect herbivore Spodoptera littoralis. Plant J. 2008;55:774-86 pubmed publisher..The Arabidopsis mutant pad2-1 has reduced levels of the phytoalexin camalexin and is known for its increased susceptibility to fungal and ..
- Shanmugam V, Tsednee M, Yeh K. ZINC TOLERANCE INDUCED BY IRON 1 reveals the importance of glutathione in the cross-homeostasis between zinc and iron in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2012;69:1006-17 pubmed publisher..Two glutathione-deficient mutant alleles of GSH1, pad2-1 and cad2-1, which contain 22% and 39%, respectively, of the wild-type glutathione level, revealed that a minimal ..