Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GS2
Description: glutamine synthetase 2
Alias: ATGSL1, GLN2, GLUTAMINE SYNTHETASE 2, GLUTAMINE SYNTHETASE LIKE 1, MJE4.9, MJE4_9, glutamine synthetase 2, glutamine synthetase 2
Species: thale cress
- Peterman T, Goodman H. The glutamine synthetase gene family of Arabidopsis thaliana: light-regulation and differential expression in leaves, roots and seeds. Mol Gen Genet. 1991;230:145-54 pubmed..Four distinct GS cDNA clones, lambda Atgsl1, lambda Atgsr1, lambda Atgsr2 and lambda Atkb6 were isolated and characterized...
- Debouba M, Dguimi H, Ghorbel M, Gouia H, Suzuki A. Expression pattern of genes encoding nitrate and ammonium assimilating enzymes in Arabidopsis thaliana exposed to short term NaCl stress. J Plant Physiol. 2013;170:155-60 pubmed publisher..A drop in mRNA levels for GLN2 (At5g35630) and GLN1;2 (At1g66200) by salt was associated with a similar inhibition of glutamine synthetase (GS, EC ..
- Song Y, Estrada D, Johnson R, Kim S, Lee S, MacCoss M, et al. Distinct roles of FKF1, Gigantea, and Zeitlupe proteins in the regulation of Constans stability in Arabidopsis photoperiodic flowering. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:17672-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest the presence of balanced regulation among FKF1, GI, and ZTL on CO stability regulation for the precise control of flowering time. ..
- Ishiyama K, Inoue E, Yamaya T, Takahashi H. Gln49 and Ser174 residues play critical roles in determining the catalytic efficiencies of plant glutamine synthetase. Plant Cell Physiol. 2006;47:299-303 pubmed..The results suggested that Gln49 and Ser174 in the high-affinity GS1 isoenzymes are interchangeable with Lys49 and Ala174 in the low-affinity variants at the corresponding positions. ..
- Osanai T, Kuwahara A, Otsuki H, Saito K, Yokota Hirai M. ACR11 is an Activator of Plastid-Type Glutamine Synthetase GS2 in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2017;58:650-657 pubmed publisherGlutamine synthetase (GS) is an important enzyme for nitrogen assimilation, and GS2, encoded by GLN2, is the only plastid-type GS in Arabidopsis thaliana...
- Miller J, Arteca R, Pell E. Senescence-associated gene expression during ozone-induced leaf senescence in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 1999;120:1015-24 pubmed..The acceleration of leaf senescence induced by O(3) is a regulated event involving many genes associated with natural senescence. ..
- Oliveira I, Coruzzi G. Carbon and amino acids reciprocally modulate the expression of glutamine synthetase in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 1999;121:301-10 pubmed..contributions of light and metabolic cues on the regulation of members of the GS gene family (chloroplastic GS2 and cytosolic GS1) in Arabidopsis...
- Brandão M, Dantas L, Silva Filho M. AtPIN: Arabidopsis thaliana protein interaction network. BMC Bioinformatics. 2009;10:454 pubmed publisher..AtPIN can be accessed at http://bioinfo.esalq.usp.br/atpin. ..
- Taira M, Valtersson U, Burkhardt B, Ludwig R. Arabidopsis thaliana GLN2-encoded glutamine synthetase is dual targeted to leaf mitochondria and chloroplasts. Plant Cell. 2004;16:2048-58 pubmed..thaliana genome-wide search for nuclear gene(s) encoding mitochondrial GS activity yielded a single candidate, GLN2. Stably transgenic A...
- Semane B, Dupae J, Cuypers A, Noben J, Tuomainen M, Tervahauta A, et al. Leaf proteome responses of Arabidopsis thaliana exposed to mild cadmium stress. J Plant Physiol. 2010;167:247-54 pubmed publisher..In order to provide greater insight into the mechanisms induced on Cd exposure, a working model is proposed. ..