Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GG1
Description: Ggamma-subunit 1
Alias: AGG1, ATAGG1, Ggamma-subunit 1, HETEROTRIMERIC G PROTEIN GAMMA-SUBUNIT, Ggamma-subunit 1
Species: thale cress
- Maruta N, Trusov Y, Brenya E, Parekh U, Botella J. Membrane-localized extra-large G proteins and Gbg of the heterotrimeric G proteins form functional complexes engaged in plant immunity in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2015;167:1004-16 pubmed..Accordingly, XLGs expand the repertoire of heterotrimeric G proteins in plants and reveal a higher level of diversity in heterotrimeric G protein signaling. ..
- Olejnik K, Bucholc M, Anielska Mazur A, Lipko A, Kujawa M, Modzelan M, et al. Arabidopsis thaliana Nudix hydrolase AtNUDT7 forms complexes with the regulatory RACK1A protein and Ggamma subunits of the signal transducing heterotrimeric G protein. Acta Biochim Pol. 2011;58:609-16 pubmed..In vitro interaction between RACK1A and the AGG1 and AGG2 gamma subunits of the signal transducing heterotrimeric G protein was also detected and confirmed in BiFC ..
- Heo J, Sung S, Assmann S. Ca2+-dependent GTPase, extra-large G protein 2 (XLG2), promotes activation of DNA-binding protein related to vernalization 1 (RTV1), leading to activation of floral integrator genes and early flowering in Arabidopsis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:8242-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, a Ca(2+)-dependent G protein, XLG2, promotes RTV1 DNA binding activity for a subset of floral integrator genes and contributes to floral transition. ..
- Wang S, Narendra S, Fedoroff N. Heterotrimeric G protein signaling in the Arabidopsis unfolded protein response. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:3817-22 pubmed
- Booker K, Schwarz J, Garrett M, Jones A. Glucose attenuation of auxin-mediated bimodality in lateral root formation is partly coupled by the heterotrimeric G protein complex. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisher..The bimodality can be further resolved into the processes of lateral root primordia formation and lateral root emergence, from which a model integrating these signals is proposed. ..
- Thung L, Chakravorty D, Trusov Y, Jones A, Botella J. Signaling specificity provided by the Arabidopsis thaliana heterotrimeric G-protein ? subunits AGG1 and AGG2 is partially but not exclusively provided through transcriptional regulation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58503 pubmed publisher..While two of the ? subunits, AGG1 and AGG2 have been shown to provide functional selectivity to the Gß? dimer in Arabidopsis, it is unclear if such ..
- Chakravorty D, Botella J. Over-expression of a truncated Arabidopsis thaliana heterotrimeric G protein gamma subunit results in a phenotype similar to alpha and beta subunit knockouts. Gene. 2007;393:163-70 pubmed