Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GA3OX1
Description: gibberellin 3-oxidase 1
Alias: ARABIDOPSIS THALIANA GIBBERELLIN 3 BETA-HYDROXYLASE 1, ATGA3OX1, GA REQUIRING 4, GA4, GIBBERELLIN 3 BETA-HYDROXYLASE, T16N11.6, T16N11_6, gibberellin 3-oxidase 1, gibberellin 3-oxidase 1
Species: thale cress
- Talon M, Koornneef M, Zeevaart J. Endogenous gibberellins in Arabidopsis thaliana and possible steps blocked in the biosynthetic pathways of the semidwarf ga4 and ga5 mutants. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:7983-7 pubmed..GA17, GA20, GA1, GA29, and GA8), six are members of the early-3-hydroxylation pathway (GA37, GA27, GA36, GA13, GA4, and GA34), and the remaining six are members of the non-3,13-hydroxylation pathway (GA12, GA15, GA24, GA25, GA9, ..
- Williams J, Phillips A, Gaskin P, Hedden P. Function and substrate specificity of the gibberellin 3beta-hydroxylase encoded by the Arabidopsis GA4 gene. Plant Physiol. 1998;117:559-63 pubmedcDNA corresponding to the GA4 gene of Arabidopsis thaliana L. (Heynh...
- Wang Z, Chai G, Wang Z, Tang X, Sun C, Zhou G, et al. [Molecular mechanism of AtGA3OX1 and AtGA3OX2 genes affecting secondary wall thickening in stems in Arabidopsis]. Yi Chuan. 2013;35:655-65 pubmed..In Arabidopsis, gibberellin 3-oxidase consists of four members, of which AtGA3OX1 and AtGA3OX2 are highly expressed in stems, suggesting the potential roles in the stem development played by the ..
- Cowling R, Kamiya Y, Seto H, Harberd N. Gibberellin dose-response regulation of GA4 gene transcript levels in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 1998;117:1195-203 pubmed..For example, Arabidopsis GA4 gene transcripts encode GA 3beta-hydroxylase, an enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of inactive to active GAs...
- Middleton A, Ubeda Tomas S, Griffiths J, Holman T, Hedden P, Thomas S, et al. Mathematical modeling elucidates the role of transcriptional feedback in gibberellin signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:7571-6 pubmed publisher..Moreover, although the contribution of other individual feedback loops seems relatively small, GID1 and DELLA transcriptional regulation acts synergistically with GA20ox feedback. ..
- Hisamatsu T, King R, Helliwell C, Koshioka M. The involvement of gibberellin 20-oxidase genes in phytochrome-regulated petiole elongation of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:1106-16 pubmed..Thus, there must be different signal transduction pathways, one at least showing a positive response to active PHYB and another showing a negative response. ..
- Seo M, Hanada A, Kuwahara A, Endo A, Okamoto M, Yamauchi Y, et al. Regulation of hormone metabolism in Arabidopsis seeds: phytochrome regulation of abscisic acid metabolism and abscisic acid regulation of gibberellin metabolism. Plant J. 2006;48:354-66 pubmed
- Gabriele S, Rizza A, Martone J, Circelli P, Costantino P, Vittorioso P. The Dof protein DAG1 mediates PIL5 activity on seed germination by negatively regulating GA biosynthetic gene AtGA3ox1. Plant J. 2010;61:312-23 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the GA biosynthetic gene AtGA3ox1 is upregulated in dag1 seeds as compared with the WT, and DAG1 actually binds to the AtGA3ox1 promoter, as shown ..
- Oh E, Yamaguchi S, Hu J, Yusuke J, Jung B, Paik I, et al. PIL5, a phytochrome-interacting bHLH protein, regulates gibberellin responsiveness by binding directly to the GAI and RGA promoters in Arabidopsis seeds. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1192-208 pubmed..basic helix-loop-helix protein, inhibits seed germination by repressing GIBBERELLIN 3beta-HYDROXYLASE1 (GA3ox1) and GA3ox2 and activating a gibberellic acid (GA) catabolic gene (GA2ox2)...
- Kim Y, Nakajima M, Nakayama A, Yamaguchi I. Contribution of gibberellins to the formation of Arabidopsis seed coat through starch degradation. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:1317-25 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that gibberellins in the outer integument would be required for the normal formation of the Arabidopsis seed coat. ..
- Matsushita A, Furumoto T, Ishida S, Takahashi Y. AGF1, an AT-hook protein, is necessary for the negative feedback of AtGA3ox1 encoding GA 3-oxidase. Plant Physiol. 2007;143:1152-62 pubmed..Here, we found that only the AtGA3ox1 among the AtGA3ox family of Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) is under the regulation of GA-negative feedback...
- Zentella R, Zhang Z, Park M, Thomas S, Endo A, Murase K, et al. Global analysis of della direct targets in early gibberellin signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3037-57 pubmed..In addition, one of the putative DELLA targets, XERICO, promotes accumulation of abscisic acid (ABA) that antagonizes GA effects. Therefore, DELLA may restrict GA-promoted processes by modulating both GA and ABA pathways. ..