Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FWA
Description: FLOWERING WAGENINGEN
Alias: FLOWERING WAGENINGEN, HDG6, HOMEODOMAIN GLABROUS 6, M7J2.100, M7J2_100, FLOWERING WAGENINGEN
Species: thale cress
- Kinoshita T, Miura A, Choi Y, Kinoshita Y, Cao X, Jacobsen S, et al. One-way control of FWA imprinting in Arabidopsis endosperm by DNA methylation. Science. 2004;303:521-3 pubmedThe Arabidopsis FWA gene was initially identified from late-flowering epigenetic mutants that show ectopic FWA expression associated with heritable hypomethylation of repeats around transcription starting sites...
- Jullien P, Kinoshita T, Ohad N, Berger F. Maintenance of DNA methylation during the Arabidopsis life cycle is essential for parental imprinting. Plant Cell. 2006;18:1360-72 pubmed..thaliana, maternal imprinting has been clearly demonstrated for the Polycomb group gene MEDEA (MEA) and for FWA. Direct repeats upstream of FWA are subject to DNA methylation...
- Fujimoto R, Kinoshita Y, Kawabe A, Kinoshita T, Takashima K, Nordborg M, et al. Evolution and control of imprinted FWA genes in the genus Arabidopsis. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000048 pubmed publisher..b>FWA is an imprinted gene in Arabidopsis thaliana expressed specifically in the female gametophyte and endosperm...
- Chan S, Zhang X, Bernatavichute Y, Jacobsen S. Two-step recruitment of RNA-directed DNA methylation to tandem repeats. PLoS Biol. 2006;4:e363 pubmedTandem repeat sequences are frequently associated with gene silencing phenomena. The Arabidopsis thaliana FWA gene contains two tandem repeats and is an efficient target for RNA-directed de novo DNA methylation when it is transformed ..
- Kinoshita Y, Saze H, Kinoshita T, Miura A, Soppe W, Koornneef M, et al. Control of FWA gene silencing in Arabidopsis thaliana by SINE-related direct repeats. Plant J. 2007;49:38-45 pubmedA unique feature of late-flowering fwa epigenetic mutations is that the phenotype is caused by ectopic expression of the homeobox gene FWA...
- Fujimoto R, Sasaki T, Kudoh H, Taylor J, Kakutani T, Dennis E. Epigenetic variation in the FWA gene within the genus Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2011;66:831-43 pubmed publisherb>fwa is a late flowering epi-mutant in Arabidopsis thaliana...
- Ruiz Garcia L, Madueno F, Wilkinson M, Haughn G, Salinas J, Martínez Zapater J. Different roles of flowering-time genes in the activation of floral initiation genes in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 1997;9:1921-34 pubmedWe have analyzed double mutants that combine late-flowering mutations at four flowering-time loci (FVE, FPA, FWA, and FT) with mutations at the LEAFY (LFY), APETALA1 (AP1), and TERMINAL FLOWER1 (TFL1) loci involved in the floral ..
- Soppe W, Bentsink L, Koornneef M. The early-flowering mutant efs is involved in the autonomous promotion pathway of Arabidopsis thaliana. Development. 1999;126:4763-70 pubmed..In a screen for early flowering, after mutagenesis of the late-flowering fwa mutant of Arabidopsis thaliana, the early flowering in short days (efs) mutant was identified...
- Le Masson I, Jauvion V, Bouteiller N, Rivard M, Elmayan T, Vaucheret H. Mutations in the Arabidopsis H3K4me2/3 demethylase JMJ14 suppress posttranscriptional gene silencing by decreasing transgene transcription. Plant Cell. 2012;24:3603-12 pubmed publisher..Removing JMJ14 likely allows other H3K4 demethylases encoded by the Arabidopsis thaliana genome to act on transgenes and reduce transcription levels, thus preventing the triggering of S-PTGS. ..
- Kawanabe T, Fujimoto R. Inflorescence abnormalities occur with overexpression of Arabidopsis lyrata FT in the fwa mutant of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Sci. 2011;181:496-503 pubmed publisher..b>fwa is a late-flowering mutant, and this phenotype is due to ectopic FWA expression caused by hypomethylation at the ..
- Ikeda Y, Kobayashi Y, Yamaguchi A, Abe M, Araki T. Molecular basis of late-flowering phenotype caused by dominant epi-alleles of the FWA locus in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2007;48:205-20 pubmedThe late-flowering phenotype of dominant fwa mutants is caused by hypomethylation in the FWA locus leading to ectopic expression of a homeodomain leucine zipper (HD-ZIP) protein...
- Jiang D, Yang W, He Y, Amasino R. Arabidopsis relatives of the human lysine-specific Demethylase1 repress the expression of FWA and FLOWERING LOCUS C and thus promote the floral transition. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2975-87 pubmed..in chromatin of the floral repressor FLOWERING LOCUS C (FLC) and the sporophytically silenced floral repressor FWA. Two of the homologs, LSD1-LIKE1 (LDL1) and LSD1-LIKE2 (LDL2), act in partial redundancy with FLOWERING LOCUS D (..