Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FUS6
Description: COP9 signalosome complex subunit 1
Alias: ARABIDOPSIS THALIANA FUSCA 6, ATFUS6, ATSK31, AtCSN1, CONSTITUTIVE PHOTOMORPHOGENIC 11, COP11, COP9 SIGNALOSOME SUBUNIT 1, CSN1, EMB78, EMBRYO DEFECTIVE 78, FUSCA 6, SHAGGY-LIKE KINASE 31, SK31, COP9 signalosome complex subunit 1
Species: thale cress
- Dessau M, Halimi Y, Erez T, Chomsky Hecht O, Chamovitz D, Hirsch J. The Arabidopsis COP9 signalosome subunit 7 is a model PCI domain protein with subdomains involved in COP9 signalosome assembly. Plant Cell. 2008;20:2815-34 pubmed publisher..assays, we demonstrate that the PCI domain (residues 1 to 169) interacts with two other PCI proteins, CSN8 and CSN1. CSN7 interactions with CSN8 use both PCI subdomains...
- Li W, Zang B, Liu C, Lu L, Wei N, Cao K, et al. TSA1 interacts with CSN1/CSN and may be functionally involved in Arabidopsis seedling development in darkness. J Genet Genomics. 2011;38:539-46 pubmed publisher..b>CSN1, one of the subunits of CSN, is essential for assembly of the multiprotein complex via PCI (proteasome, COP9 ..
- Halimi Y, Dessau M, Pollak S, Ast T, Erez T, Livnat Levanon N, et al. COP9 signalosome subunit 7 from Arabidopsis interacts with and regulates the small subunit of ribonucleotide reductase (RNR2). Plant Mol Biol. 2011;77:77-89 pubmed publisher..We propose that the CSN is a negative regulator of RNR activity in Arabidopsis. ..
- Wei N, Deng X. Characterization and purification of the mammalian COP9 complex, a conserved nuclear regulator initially identified as a repressor of photomorphogenesis in higher plants. Photochem Photobiol. 1998;68:237-41 pubmed..Specific antibodies were generated against human counterparts of the Arabidopsis COP9 and COP11, the two known subunits of plant COP9 complex...
- Karniol B, Yahalom A, Kwok S, Tsuge T, Matsui M, Deng X, et al. The Arabidopsis homologue of an eIF3 complex subunit associates with the COP9 complex. FEBS Lett. 1998;439:173-9 pubmed..p105 is found in a large protein complex. p105 interacts in yeast with both COP9 and FUS6, two known components of the COP9 complex...
- Nakasone A, Fujiwara M, Fukao Y, Biswas K, Rahman A, Kawai Yamada M, et al. SMALL ACIDIC PROTEIN1 acts with RUB modification components, the COP9 signalosome, and AXR1 to regulate growth and development of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:93-105 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that SMAP1 is involved in the auxin response and possibly in other cullin-RING ubiquitin ligase-regulated signaling processes via its interaction with components associated with RELATED TO UBIQUITIN modification. ..
- Castle L, Meinke D. A FUSCA gene of Arabidopsis encodes a novel protein essential for plant development. Plant Cell. 1994;6:25-41 pubmed..To study the molecular basis of the fusca phenotype, we cloned the FUS6 gene...
- Wang X, Li W, Piqueras R, Cao K, Deng X, Wei N. Regulation of COP1 nuclear localization by the COP9 signalosome via direct interaction with CSN1. Plant J. 2009;58:655-67 pubmed publisher..we report on the direct interaction involving the coiled-coil domain of COP1 and the N-terminal domain of the CSN1 subunit...
- Lee J, Yi L, Li J, Schweitzer K, Borgmann M, Naumann M, et al. Crystal structure and versatile functional roles of the COP9 signalosome subunit 1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:11845-50 pubmed publisher..Here, we report the crystal structure of the largest CSN subunit, CSN1 from Arabidopsis thaliana (atCSN1), which belongs to the Proteasome, COP9 signalosome, Initiation factor 3 (PCI) domain containing CSN subunit ..
- Charrier B, Champion A, Henry Y, Kreis M. Expression profiling of the whole Arabidopsis shaggy-like kinase multigene family by real-time reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction. Plant Physiol. 2002;130:577-90 pubmed..Conversely, AtSK13 responded to osmotic changes and saline treatment, whereas AtSK31 was flower specific and responded to osmotic changes and darkness.
- Wang X, Feng S, Nakayama N, Crosby W, Irish V, Deng X, et al. The COP9 signalosome interacts with SCF UFO and participates in Arabidopsis flower development. Plant Cell. 2003;15:1071-82 pubmed..We report here that two csn1 partially deficient Arabidopsis strains exhibit aberrant development of floral organs, decline of APETALA3 (AP3) ..
- Karniol B, Chamovitz D. The COP9 signalosome: from light signaling to general developmental regulation and back. Curr Opin Plant Biol. 2000;3:387-93 pubmed..The COP9 complex is essential for animal development. The COP9 signalosome may have both an evolutionary and a physical relationship with both the regulatory lid of the proteasome and eIF3. ..
- Kwok S, Staub J, Deng X. Characterization of two subunits of Arabidopsis 19S proteasome regulatory complex and its possible interaction with the COP9 complex. J Mol Biol. 1999;285:85-95 pubmed..was undertaken to identify proteins that could directly interact with one subunit of this complex, namely FUS6/COP11. This screen identified one specific interactive protein, AtS9, that is likely the Arabidopsis non-ATPase S9 (..
- Wang X, Kang D, Feng S, Serino G, Schwechheimer C, Wei N. CSN1 N-terminal-dependent activity is required for Arabidopsis development but not for Rub1/Nedd8 deconjugation of cullins: a structure-function study of CSN1 subunit of COP9 signalosome. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:646-55 pubmed..In the absence of CSN1 (the fus6 mutant), arabidopsis CSN complex cannot assemble, which destabilizes multiple CSN subunits and contributes, ..
- Paz Aviram T, Yahalom A, Chamovitz D. Arabidopsis eIF3e interacts with subunits of the ribosome, Cop9 signalosome and proteasome. Plant Signal Behav. 2008;3:409-11 pubmed..These interactions mesh well with our recent results which showed that eIF3e is degraded in a CSN-dependent, proteasome-dependent fashion, and inhibits translation when present in excess. ..
- Staub J, Wei N, Deng X. Evidence for FUS6 as a component of the nuclear-localized COP9 complex in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 1996;8:2047-56 pubmed..Although COP1, DET1, COP9, and FUS6 (also called COP11) have been cloned, their biochemical activities and interactions remain elusive...
- Kim T, Kim B, Yahalom A, Chamovitz D, von Arnim A. Translational regulation via 5' mRNA leader sequences revealed by mutational analysis of the Arabidopsis translation initiation factor subunit eIF3h. Plant Cell. 2004;16:3341-56 pubmed
- Yahalom A, Kim T, Winter E, Karniol B, von Arnim A, Chamovitz D. Arabidopsis eIF3e (INT-6) associates with both eIF3c and the COP9 signalosome subunit CSN7. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:334-40 pubmed..Here we describe the association between components of the COP9 signalosome (CSN1, CSN7, and CSN8) and two subunits of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 (eIF3), eIF3e (p48, known also as ..
- Karniol B, Malec P, Chamovitz D. Arabidopsis FUSCA5 encodes a novel phosphoprotein that is a component of the COP9 complex. Plant Cell. 1999;11:839-48 pubmed..fus5 mutants exhibit constitutive photomorphogenic phenotypes similar to those of cop9 and fus6. Point mutations in FUS5 that led to a loss of FUS5 protein were detected in four fus5 allelic strains...
- Huang H, Quint M, Gray W. The eta7/csn3-3 auxin response mutant of Arabidopsis defines a novel function for the CSN3 subunit of the COP9 signalosome. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66578 pubmed publisher..in double mutant interactions between csn3-3 and other auxin signaling mutants compared to another weak csn mutant, csn1-10. Lastly, unlike other csn mutants, assembly of the CSN holocomplex is unaffected in csn3-3 plants...