Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FNR1
Description: ferredoxin-NADP[+]-oxidoreductase 1
Alias: ATLFNR1, FERREDOXIN:NADP(H) OXIDOREDUCTASE, K2A18.27, K2A18_27, LEAF FNR 1, LFNR1, ferredoxin-NADP(+)-oxidoreductase 1, leaf-type chloroplast-targeted FNR 1, ferredoxin-NADP[+]-oxidoreductase 1
Species: thale cress
- Puthiyaveetil S, Ibrahim I, Jelicic B, Tomasic A, Fulgosi H, Allen J. Transcriptional control of photosynthesis genes: the evolutionarily conserved regulatory mechanism in plastid genome function. Genome Biol Evol. 2010;2:888-96 pubmed publisher..Plastid genome function permits adaptation of the photosynthetic apparatus to changing environmental conditions of light quantity and quality. ..
- Lintala M, Allahverdiyeva Y, Kidron H, Piippo M, Battchikova N, Suorsa M, et al. Structural and functional characterization of ferredoxin-NADP+-oxidoreductase using knock-out mutants of Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2007;49:1041-52 pubmed..thaliana, the chloroplast-targeted enzyme ferredoxin-NADP+-oxidoreductase (FNR) exists as two isoforms, AtLFNR1 and AtLFNR2, encoded by the genes At5g66190 and At1g20020, respectively...
- Xu Y, Wang B, Zhu Y. Identification of proteins expressed at extremely low level in Arabidopsis leaves. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;358:808-12 pubmed..Our results suggest that polyU or similar media may be combined with 2-DE techniques to identify cellular proteins with extremely low transcription levels to fulfill specific research needs. ..
- Lintala M, Schuck N, Thormählen I, Jungfer A, Weber K, Weber A, et al. Arabidopsis tic62 trol mutant lacking thylakoid-bound ferredoxin-NADP+ oxidoreductase shows distinct metabolic phenotype. Mol Plant. 2014;7:45-57 pubmed publisher..Surface plasmon resonance assays showed that the two FNR isoforms, LFNR1 and LFNR2, are bound to the thylakoid membrane via the C-terminal domains of Tic62 and TROL proteins in a pH-..
- Kozuleva M, Goss T, Twachtmann M, Rudi K, Trapka J, Selinski J, et al. Ferredoxin:NADP(H) Oxidoreductase Abundance and Location Influences Redox Poise and Stress Tolerance. Plant Physiol. 2016;172:1480-1493 pubmed..In fnr1 knock-outs, the NADP(H) and glutathione pools are more oxidized relative to the wild type, and the photoprotective ..