Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FHY1
Description: far-red elongated hypocotyl 1
Alias: FAR-RED ELONGATED HYPOCOTYL 1, FRY1, PAT3, PHYTOCHROME A SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION 3, far-red elongated hypocotyl 1, far-red elongated hypocotyl 1
Species: thale cress
- Chen F, Li B, Demone J, Charron J, Shi X, Deng X. Photoreceptor partner FHY1 has an independent role in gene modulation and plant development under far-red light. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:11888-93 pubmed publisher..the far-red light (FR) signal into a strategy for optimizing plant growth, FAR-RED ELONGATED HYPOCOTYL1 (FHY1) mediates the nuclear translocation of the FR photoreceptor phytochrome A (phyA) and facilitates the association of ..
- Jang I, Henriques R, Chua N. Three transcription factors, HFR1, LAF1 and HY5, regulate largely independent signaling pathways downstream of phytochrome A. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:907-16 pubmed publisher..Previous work has shown that FHY1/FHL distribute phyA signals directly to HFR1 and LAF1, both of which regulate largely independent pathways, but the ..
- Chen F, Shi X, Chen L, Dai M, Zhou Z, Shen Y, et al. Phosphorylation of FAR-RED ELONGATED HYPOCOTYL1 is a key mechanism defining signaling dynamics of phytochrome A under red and far-red light in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:1907-20 pubmed publisher..Here, we present a phyA pathway in which FAR-RED ELONGATED HYPOCOTYL1 (FHY1), an essential partner of phyA, directly guides phyA to target gene promoters and coactivates transcription...
- Rausenberger J, Tscheuschler A, Nordmeier W, Wüst F, Timmer J, Schafer E, et al. Photoconversion and nuclear trafficking cycles determine phytochrome A's response profile to far-red light. Cell. 2011;146:813-25 pubmed publisher..According to our model, the dissociation rate of the phyA-FHY1/FHL nuclear import complex is a principle determinant of the phyA action peak...
- Pfeiffer A, Kunkel T, Hiltbrunner A, Neuhaus G, Wolf I, Speth V, et al. A cell-free system for light-dependent nuclear import of phytochrome. Plant J. 2009;57:680-9 pubmed publisher..In the case of phytochrome A (phyA), this step occurs with the help of FHY1 (far-red-elongated hypocotyl 1), a specific transport protein...
- Genoud T, Schweizer F, Tscheuschler A, Debrieux D, Casal J, Schafer E, et al. FHY1 mediates nuclear import of the light-activated phytochrome A photoreceptor. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000143 pubmed publisher..Nuclear accumulation of phyA is dependent on two related proteins called FHY1 (Far-red elongated HYpocotyl 1) and FHL (FHY1 Like), with FHY1 playing the predominant function...
- Shen Y, Zhou Z, Feng S, Li J, Tan Wilson A, Qu L, et al. Phytochrome A mediates rapid red light-induced phosphorylation of Arabidopsis FAR-RED ELONGATED HYPOCOTYL1 in a low fluence response. Plant Cell. 2009;21:494-506 pubmed publisher..FAR-RED ELONGATED HYPOCOTYL1 (FHY1) and its homolog FHY1-LIKE (FHL) define two positive regulators in the phyA signaling pathway...
- Saijo Y, Zhu D, Li J, Rubio V, Zhou Z, Shen Y, et al. Arabidopsis COP1/SPA1 complex and FHY1/FHY3 associate with distinct phosphorylated forms of phytochrome A in balancing light signaling. Mol Cell. 2008;31:607-13 pubmed publisher..In contrast, underphosphorylated phyA predominantly associates with the phyA-signaling intermediates FHY3 and FHY1. However, COP1 associates with underphosphorylated phyA in the absence of FHY3 or FHY1, suggesting that phyA ..
- Shen Y, Feng S, Ma L, Lin R, Qu L, Chen Z, et al. Arabidopsis FHY1 protein stability is regulated by light via phytochrome A and 26S proteasome. Plant Physiol. 2005;139:1234-43 pubmed..Among the phyA downstream signaling components, Far-red Elongated Hypocotyl 1 (FHY1) is a genetically defined positive regulator of photomorphogenesis in far-red light...
- Li J, Li G, Gao S, Martinez C, He G, Zhou Z, et al. Arabidopsis transcription factor ELONGATED HYPOCOTYL5 plays a role in the feedback regulation of phytochrome A signaling. Plant Cell. 2010;22:3634-49 pubmed publisher..FAR-RED ELONGATED HYPOCOTYL1 (FHY1) and its homolog FHY1-LIKE (FHL) are two small plant-specific proteins essential for light-regulated phyA nuclear ..
- Sokolova V, Bindics J, Kircher S, Adam E, Schafer E, Nagy F, et al. Missense mutation in the amino terminus of phytochrome A disrupts the nuclear import of the photoreceptor. Plant Physiol. 2012;158:107-18 pubmed publisher..of phyA-5 is brought about by weakened binding affinity of the mutant photoreceptor to nuclear import facilitators FHY1 (for FAR-RED ELONGATED HYPOCOTYL1) and FHL (for FHY1-LIKE)...
- Chen F, Li B, Li G, Charron J, Dai M, Shi X, et al. Arabidopsis Phytochrome A Directly Targets Numerous Promoters for Individualized Modulation of Genes in a Wide Range of Pathways. Plant Cell. 2014;26:1949-1966 pubmed
- Huang H, Yoo C, Bindbeutel R, Goldsworthy J, Tielking A, Alvarez S, et al. PCH1 integrates circadian and light-signaling pathways to control photoperiod-responsive growth in Arabidopsis. elife. 2016;5:e13292 pubmed publisher..Thus, PCH1 is a new factor that regulates photoperiod-responsive growth by integrating the clock with light perception pathways through modulating daily phyB-signaling. ..