Gene Symbol: FAS1
Description: chromatin assembly factor-1 (FASCIATA1) (FAS1)
Alias: FASCIATA 1, FUGU 2, FUGU2, NFB2, NUCLEOSOME/CHROMATIN ASSEMBLY FACTOR GROUP B, chromatin assembly factor-1 (FASCIATA1) (FAS1)
Species: thale cress
- Li H, Luan S. The cyclophilin AtCYP71 interacts with CAF-1 and LHP1 and functions in multiple chromatin remodeling processes. Mol Plant. 2011;4:748-58 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that AtCYP71 physically interacts with FAS1 and LHP1, respectively, to modulate their distribution on chromatin...
- Jaške K, Mokros P, Mozgová I, Fojtova M, Fajkus J. A telomerase-independent component of telomere loss in chromatin assembly factor 1 mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana. Chromosoma. 2013;122:285-93 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in addition to possible impairment of telomerase action, a further mechanism contributes to telomere shortening in fas mutants. ..
- Duc C, Benoit M, Le Goff S, Simon L, Poulet A, Cotterell S, et al. The histone chaperone complex HIR maintains nucleosome occupancy and counterbalances impaired histone deposition in CAF-1 complex mutants. Plant J. 2015;81:707-22 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that HIRA partially rescues impaired histone deposition in fas mutants to preserve nucleosome occupancy, implying plasticity in histone variant interaction and deposition. ..
- Barrero J, González Bayón R, del Pozo J, Ponce M, Micol J. INCURVATA2 encodes the catalytic subunit of DNA Polymerase alpha and interacts with genes involved in chromatin-mediated cellular memory in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2822-38 pubmed..Quantitative RT-PCR analyses indicated that a number of regulatory genes were derepressed in the icu2-1 mutant, including genes associated with flowering time, floral meristem, and floral organ identity. ..
- Mozgová I, Mokros P, Fajkus J. Dysfunction of chromatin assembly factor 1 induces shortening of telomeres and loss of 45S rDNA in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2010;22:2768-80 pubmed publisher..It is composed of CAC 1-3 in yeast; p155, p60, and p48 in humans; and FASCIATA1 (FAS1), FAS2, and MULTICOPY SUPPRESSOR OF IRA1 in Arabidopsis thaliana...
- Hisanaga T, Ferjani A, Horiguchi G, Ishikawa N, Fujikura U, Kubo M, et al. The ATM-dependent DNA damage response acts as an upstream trigger for compensation in the fas1 mutation during Arabidopsis leaf development. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:831-41 pubmed publisher..The fugu2 mutants in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) exhibit typical compensation phenotypes...