Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ELF4
Description: EARLY FLOWERING-like protein (DUF1313)
Alias: EARLY FLOWERING 4, T28M21.24, T28M21_24, EARLY FLOWERING-like protein (DUF1313)
Species: thale cress
- Pouteau S, Carré I, Gaudin V, Ferret V, Lefebvre D, Wilson M. Diversification of photoperiodic response patterns in a collection of early-flowering mutants of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2008;148:1465-73 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the frequency of circadian defects in mutants with normal photoperiodic responses suggested that the circadian clock may regulate the number of leaves independently of its effect on daylength perception. ..
- Kang M, Yoo S, Kwon H, Lee B, Cho J, Noh Y, et al. Negative regulatory roles of DE-ETIOLATED1 in flowering time in Arabidopsis. Sci Rep. 2015;5:9728 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that DET1 is a strong repressor of flowering and has a pivotal role in maintaining photoperiod sensitivity in the regulation of flowering time. ..
- Huang H, Yoo C, Bindbeutel R, Goldsworthy J, Tielking A, Alvarez S, et al. PCH1 integrates circadian and light-signaling pathways to control photoperiod-responsive growth in Arabidopsis. elife. 2016;5:e13292 pubmed publisher..Thus, PCH1 is a new factor that regulates photoperiod-responsive growth by integrating the clock with light perception pathways through modulating daily phyB-signaling. ..
- Kolmos E, Nowak M, Werner M, Fischer K, Schwarz G, Mathews S, et al. Integrating ELF4 into the circadian system through combined structural and functional studies. HFSP J. 2009;3:350-66 pubmed publisher..Several genes have been arranged in these oscillation loops, but the position of the core-clock gene ELF4 in this network was previously undetermined...
- Herrero E, Kolmos E, Bujdoso N, Yuan Y, Wang M, Berns M, et al. EARLY FLOWERING4 recruitment of EARLY FLOWERING3 in the nucleus sustains the Arabidopsis circadian clock. Plant Cell. 2012;24:428-43 pubmed publisher..We previously reported that Arabidopsis thaliana EARLY FLOWERING4 (ELF4) is required to sustain this oscillator and that the elf4 mutant is arrhythmic...
- Doyle M, Bizzell C, Keller M, Michaels S, Song J, Noh Y, et al. HUA2 is required for the expression of floral repressors in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2005;41:376-85 pubmed..An allele of HUA2 from Landsberg erecta (Ler) contains a premature stop codon and acts as an enhancer of early flowering 4 (elf4) mutants...
- Choudhary M, Nomura Y, Wang L, Nakagami H, Somers D. Quantitative Circadian Phosphoproteomic Analysis of Arabidopsis Reveals Extensive Clock Control of Key Components in Physiological, Metabolic, and Signaling Pathways. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2015;14:2243-60 pubmed publisher..enough to quantitate oscillations in the phosphorylation of low abundance clock proteins (early flowering4; ELF4 and pseudoresponse regulator3; PRR3) as well as other transcription factors and kinases...
- Kim Y, Yeom M, Kim H, Lim J, Koo H, Hwang D, et al. GIGANTEA and EARLY FLOWERING 4 in Arabidopsis exhibit differential phase-specific genetic influences over a diurnal cycle. Mol Plant. 2012;5:678-87 pubmed publisher..Similarly, EARLY FLOWERING 4 (ELF4), another clock regulator, also contributes to these processes...