Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EDS16
Description: ADC synthase superfamily protein
Alias: ARABIDOPSIS ISOCHORISMATE SYNTHASE 1, ATICS1, ENHANCED DISEASE SUSCEPTIBILITY TO ERYSIPHE ORONTII 16, F25A4.31, ICS1, ISOCHORISMATE SYNTHASE, ISOCHORISMATE SYNTHASE 1, SALICYLIC ACID INDUCTION DEFICIENT 2, SID2, ADC synthase superfamily protein
Species: thale cress
- van Verk M, Bol J, Linthorst H. WRKY transcription factors involved in activation of SA biosynthesis genes. BMC Plant Biol. 2011;11:89 pubmed publisher..in SA biosynthesis in Arabidopsis is the conversion of chorismate to isochorismate through the action of isochorismate synthase, encoded by the ICS1 gene...
- Adie B, Pérez Pérez J, Perez Perez M, Godoy M, Sanchez Serrano J, Schmelz E, et al. ABA is an essential signal for plant resistance to pathogens affecting JA biosynthesis and the activation of defenses in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1665-81 pubmed..The results support a model for ABA affecting JA biosynthesis in the activation of defenses against this oomycete. ..
- Lu H, Salimian S, Gamelin E, Wang G, Fedorowski J, LaCourse W, et al. Genetic analysis of acd6-1 reveals complex defense networks and leads to identification of novel defense genes in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2009;58:401-12 pubmed publisher..to identify two genes disrupted in acd6-1 suppressor (sup) mutants: one encodes a known SA biosynthetic component (SID2) and the other encodes an uncharacterized putative metalloprotease (At5g20660)...
- Chaouch S, Queval G, Vanderauwera S, Mhamdi A, Vandorpe M, Langlois Meurinne M, et al. Peroxisomal hydrogen peroxide is coupled to biotic defense responses by ISOCHORISMATE SYNTHASE1 in a daylength-related manner. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:1692-705 pubmed publisher..H(2)O(2) was modified by introducing secondary mutations into the cat2 background and was completely absent in cat2 sid2 double mutants, in which ISOCHORISMATE SYNTHASE1 (ICS1) activity is defective...
- Prithiviraj B, Bais H, Jha A, Vivanco J. Staphylococcus aureus pathogenicity on Arabidopsis thaliana is mediated either by a direct effect of salicylic acid on the pathogen or by SA-dependent, NPR1-independent host responses. Plant J. 2005;42:417-32 pubmed publisher..SA) accumulation], and 35S-LOX2- (defective in jasmonic acid production and hyper-accumulator of SA), and mutants ics1 (depleted in SA accumulation), and npr1-1 (non-expressor of pathogenesis-related protein) we show that resistance ..
- Kim Y, Park S, Gilmour S, Thomashow M. Roles of CAMTA transcription factors and salicylic acid in configuring the low-temperature transcriptome and freezing tolerance of Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2013;75:364-76 pubmed publisher..We show that this chilling-induced SA biosynthesis proceeds through the isochorismate synthase (ICS) pathway, with cold induction of ICS1 (which encodes ICS), and two genes encoding transcription ..
- Gawronski P, Górecka M, Bederska M, Rusaczonek A, Slesak I, Kruk J, et al. Isochorismate synthase 1 is required for thylakoid organization, optimal plastoquinone redox status, and state transitions in Arabidopsis thaliana. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:3669-79 pubmed publisherb>Isochorismate synthase 1 (ICS1) is a crucial enzyme in the salicylic acid (SA) synthesis pathway, and thus it is important for immune defences...
- Consonni C, Humphry M, Hartmann H, Livaja M, Durner J, Westphal L, et al. Conserved requirement for a plant host cell protein in powdery mildew pathogenesis. Nat Genet. 2006;38:716-20 pubmed
- Melotto M, Underwood W, Koczan J, Nomura K, He S. Plant stomata function in innate immunity against bacterial invasion. Cell. 2006;126:969-80 pubmed..We provide evidence that supports a model in which stomata, as part of an integral innate immune system, act as a barrier against bacterial infection. ..
- Macaulay K, Heath G, Ciulli A, Murphy A, Abell C, Carr J, et al. The biochemical properties of the two Arabidopsis thaliana isochorismate synthases. Biochem J. 2017;474:1579-1590 pubmed publisher..A key enzyme for SA biosynthesis is isochorismate synthase (ICS), which converts chorismate into isochorismate, and for which there are two genes in Arabidopsis ..