Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EBF1
Description: EIN3-binding F box protein 1
Alias: EIN3-binding F box protein 1, F13B15.15, F13B15_15, FBL6, EIN3-binding F box protein 1
Species: thale cress
- Takahashi N, Kuroda H, Kuromori T, Hirayama T, Seki M, Shinozaki K, et al. Expression and interaction analysis of Arabidopsis Skp1-related genes. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:83-91 pubmed..Both histochemical and RT-PCR analysis of eight ASK genes expression revealed unique expression patterns for the respective genes. ..
- Potuschak T, Lechner E, Parmentier Y, Yanagisawa S, Grava S, Koncz C, et al. EIN3-dependent regulation of plant ethylene hormone signaling by two arabidopsis F box proteins: EBF1 and EBF2. Cell. 2003;115:679-89 pubmed..Here, we identify two Arabidopsis F box proteins called EBF1 and EBF2 that interact physically with EIN3/EIL transcription factors...
- Gagne J, Downes B, Shiu S, Durski A, Vierstra R. The F-box subunit of the SCF E3 complex is encoded by a diverse superfamily of genes in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:11519-24 pubmed..Collectively, the data shows that Arabidopsis has exploited the SCF complex and the ubiquitin/26S proteasome pathway as a major route for cellular regulation and that a diverse array of SCF targets is likely present in plants. ..
- Guo H, Ecker J. Plant responses to ethylene gas are mediated by SCF(EBF1/EBF2)-dependent proteolysis of EIN3 transcription factor. Cell. 2003;115:667-77 pubmed..of ethylene, EIN3 is quickly degraded through a ubiquitin/proteasome pathway mediated by two F box proteins, EBF1 and EBF2...
- Binder B, Walker J, Gagne J, Emborg T, Hemmann G, Bleecker A, et al. The Arabidopsis EIN3 binding F-Box proteins EBF1 and EBF2 have distinct but overlapping roles in ethylene signaling. Plant Cell. 2007;19:509-23 pubmed..EIN3 BINDING F-BOX1 (EBF1) and EBF2 were recently shown to function in ethylene perception by regulating EIN3/EIL turnover...
- Shi H, Shen X, Liu R, Xue C, Wei N, Deng X, et al. The Red Light Receptor Phytochrome B Directly Enhances Substrate-E3 Ligase Interactions to Attenuate Ethylene Responses. Dev Cell. 2016;39:597-610 pubmed publisher..The light-activated association of phyB, EIN3, and EBF1/EBF2 proteins stimulates robust EIN3 degradation by SCFEBF1/EBF2 E3 ligases...
- Gagne J, Smalle J, Gingerich D, Walker J, Yoo S, Yanagisawa S, et al. Arabidopsis EIN3-binding F-box 1 and 2 form ubiquitin-protein ligases that repress ethylene action and promote growth by directing EIN3 degradation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:6803-8 pubmed..Here, we describe the reverse genetic analysis of two F-box proteins, EBF1 and -2, that work coordinately in SCF complexes to repress ethylene action...
- Moon J, Zhao Y, Dai X, Zhang W, Gray W, Huq E, et al. A new CULLIN 1 mutant has altered responses to hormones and light in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2007;143:684-96 pubmed..Characterization of weak cul1 mutants provides insight into the role of SCFs throughout plant growth and development. ..