Gene Symbol: DOG1
Description: delay of germination 1
Alias: ATDOG1, DELAY OF GERMINATION 1, GAAS5, GLUCOSE SENSING QTL 5, GSQ5, K15I22.3, K15I22_3, germination ability after storage 5, delay of germination 1
Species: thale cress
- Jung J, Seo Y, Seo P, Reyes J, Yun J, Chua N, et al. The GIGANTEA-regulated microRNA172 mediates photoperiodic flowering independent of CONSTANS in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2736-48 pubmed..Therefore, it appears that GI-mediated photoperiodic flowering is governed by the coordinated interaction of two distinct genetic pathways: one mediated via CO and the other mediated via miR172 and its targets. ..
- Footitt S, MÃ¼ller K, Kermode A, Finch Savage W. Seed dormancy cycling in Arabidopsis: chromatin remodelling and regulation of DOG1 in response to seasonal environmental signals. Plant J. 2015;81:413-25 pubmed publisher..Seasonal expression of H2B modifying genes was correlated negatively with temperature and positively with DOG1 expression, as were histone acetyltransferase genes, with histone deacetylases positively correlated with ..
- Graeber K, Linkies A, Steinbrecher T, Mummenhoff K, TarkowskÃ¡ D, TureÄkovÃ¡ V, et al. DELAY OF GERMINATION 1 mediates a conserved coat-dormancy mechanism for the temperature- and gibberellin-dependent control of seed germination. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E3571-80 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the delay of germination 1 (DOG1) gene, known for providing dormancy adaptation to distinct environments, determines the optimal ..
- Huo H, Wei S, Bradford K. DELAY OF GERMINATION1 (DOG1) regulates both seed dormancy and flowering time through microRNA pathways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2199-206 pubmed publisher..The DELAY OF GERMINATION1 (DOG1) gene is involved in regulating seed dormancy in response to temperature and has also been associated genetically ..
- Mortensen S, Sønderkær M, Lynggaard C, Grasser M, Nielsen K, Grasser K. Reduced expression of the DOG1 gene in Arabidopsis mutant seeds lacking the transcript elongation factor TFIIS. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:1929-33 pubmed publisher..Among the differentially expressed genes, the DOG1 gene was identified that is a QTL for seed dormancy...
- Footitt S, Huang Z, Clay H, Mead A, Finch Savage W. Temperature, light and nitrate sensing coordinate Arabidopsis seed dormancy cycling, resulting in winter and summer annual phenotypes. Plant J. 2013;74:1003-15 pubmed publisher..with a seed-specific response to seasonal temperature patterns (temporal sensing) involving the gene DELAY OF GERMINATION 1 (DOG1) that indicates the correct season, and concurrent temporally driven co-opted mechanisms that sense ..
- Arana M, Tognacca R, Estravis BarcalÃ¡ M, SÃ¡nchez R, Botto J. Physiological and molecular mechanisms underlying the integration of light and temperature cues in Arabidopsis thaliana seeds. Plant Cell Environ. 2017;40:3113-3121 pubmed publisher..daily cycles of alternating temperatures in darkness reduce the protein levels of DELAY OF GERMINATIONÂ 1Â (DOG1), allowing the expression of TOC1 to induce seed germination...
- Cyrek M, Fedak H, Ciesielski A, Guo Y, Śliwa A, Brzezniak L, et al. Seed Dormancy in Arabidopsis Is Controlled by Alternative Polyadenylation of DOG1. Plant Physiol. 2016;170:947-55 pubmed publisherDOG1 (Delay of Germination 1) is a key regulator of seed dormancy in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) and other plants. Interestingly, the C terminus of DOG1 is either absent or not conserved in many plant species...
- Vidigal D, Marques A, Willems L, Buijs G, Méndez Vigo B, Hilhorst H, et al. Altitudinal and climatic associations of seed dormancy and flowering traits evidence adaptation of annual life cycle timing in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Environ. 2016;39:1737-48 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we analysed the expression level of the positive regulator of seed dormancy DELAY OF GERMINATION 1 (DOG1), finding similar but weaker altitudinal and climatic patterns than seed dormancy...
- Kronholm I, Pico F, Alonso Blanco C, Goudet J, de Meaux J. Genetic basis of adaptation in Arabidopsis thaliana: local adaptation at the seed dormancy QTL DOG1. Evolution. 2012;66:2287-302 pubmed publisher..We study delay of germination 1 (DOG1), a gene controlling natural variation in seed dormancy in Arabidopsis thaliana and investigate ..
- Dekkers B, He H, Hanson J, Willems L, Jamar D, Cueff G, et al. The Arabidopsis DELAY OF GERMINATION 1 gene affects ABSCISIC ACID INSENSITIVE 5 (ABI5) expression and genetically interacts with ABI3 during Arabidopsis seed development. Plant J. 2016;85:451-65 pubmed publisher..Next to a non-dormant phenotype, the dog1-1 mutant is also characterized by a reduced seed longevity suggesting that DOG1 may affect additional seed ..
- Footitt S, Ölçer Footitt H, Hambidge A, Finch Savage W. A laboratory simulation of Arabidopsis seed dormancy cycling provides new insight into its regulation by clock genes and the dormancy-related genes DOG1, MFT, CIPK23 and PHYA. Plant Cell Environ. 2017;40:1474-1486 pubmed publisher..utility of this simulation was tested in two ways: firstly, using mutants in known dormancy-related genes [DELAY OF GERMINATION 1 (DOG1), MOTHER OF FLOWERING TIME (MFT), CBL-INTERACTING PROTEIN KINASE 23 (CIPK23) and PHYTOCHROME A (PHYA)..
- Mortensen S, Grasser K. The seed dormancy defect of Arabidopsis mutants lacking the transcript elongation factor TFIIS is caused by reduced expression of the DOG1 gene. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:47-51 pubmed publisher..Among the genes differentially expressed in tfIIs seeds, the DOG1 gene was identified that is a known QTL for seed dormancy...