Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DCL2
Description: dicer-like 2
Alias: ATDCL2, DICER-LIKE 2, T17B22.28, dicer-like 2, dicer-like 2
Species: thale cress
- Brosseau C, Moffett P. Functional and Genetic Analysis Identify a Role for Arabidopsis ARGONAUTE5 in Antiviral RNA Silencing. Plant Cell. 2015;27:1742-54 pubmed publisher..In agreement with functional assays, we show that Potexvirus infection induces AGO5 expression and that both AGO2 and AGO5 are required for full restriction of PVX infection in systemic tissues of Arabidopsis. ..
- Ziebell H, Carr J. Effects of dicer-like endoribonucleases 2 and 4 on infection of Arabidopsis thaliana by cucumber mosaic virus and a mutant virus lacking the 2b counter-defence protein gene. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:2288-92 pubmed publisher..Cross-protection by Fny-CMVDelta2b against Fny-CMV infection was not abolished in dcl2, dcl3 or dcl4 mutant plants and was strongest in dcl2/4 double mutants, although in these plants and in dcl4 ..
- Henderson I, Zhang X, Lu C, Johnson L, Meyers B, Green P, et al. Dissecting Arabidopsis thaliana DICER function in small RNA processing, gene silencing and DNA methylation patterning. Nat Genet. 2006;38:721-5 pubmed..Sequencing of small RNAs from a dcl2 dcl3 dcl4 triple mutant showed markedly reduced tasiRNA and siRNA production and indicated that DCL1, in addition ..
- Zhang X, Zhang X, Singh J, Li D, Qu F. Temperature-dependent survival of Turnip crinkle virus-infected arabidopsis plants relies on an RNA silencing-based defense that requires dcl2, AGO2, and HEN1. J Virol. 2012;86:6847-54 pubmed publisher..of Turnip crinkle virus (TCV) in Arabidopsis, plants containing loss-of-function mutations within the Dicer-like 2 (DCL2), Argonaute 2 (AGO2), and HEN1 RNA methyltransferase genes died of TCV infection, whereas the wild-type Col-0 ..
- Ma X, Nicole M, Meteignier L, Hong N, Wang G, Moffett P. Different roles for RNA silencing and RNA processing components in virus recovery and virus-induced gene silencing in plants. J Exp Bot. 2015;66:919-32 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this, we found that viral recovery induced increased PB formation and that a decapping mutant (DCP2) showed increased VIGS and virus RNA accumulation, indicating an important role for PBs in eliminating viral RNA. ..
- Yan F, Peng J, Lu Y, Lin L, Zheng H, Chen H, et al. Identification of novel splice variants of the Arabidopsis DCL2 gene. Plant Cell Rep. 2009;28:241-6 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe three alternative splicing (AS) forms of AtDCL2: in one, both intron 8 and intron 10 are retained in the mRNA, in second only intron 8 is retained and in the ..
- Takanashi H, Ohnishi T, Mogi M, Hirata Y, Tsutsumi N. DCL2 is highly expressed in the egg cell in both rice and Arabidopsis. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:604-6 pubmed publisher..In addition, we revealed that AtDCL2 is also preferentially expressed in the Arabidopsis egg cell...
- Mallory A, Vaucheret H. ARGONAUTE 1 homeostasis invokes the coordinate action of the microRNA and siRNA pathways. EMBO Rep. 2009;10:521-6 pubmed publisher..SILENCING 3 (SGS3)- and SILENCING DEFECTIVE 5 (SDE5)-dependent AGO1 silencing, which also requires DICER-LIKE 2 (DCL2) and DCL4...