Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CUL3
Description: cullin 3
Alias: ATCUL3, ATCUL3A, CUL3A, T24P13.25, cullin 3, cullin 3A, cullin 3
Species: thale cress
- Thomann A, Lechner E, Hansen M, Dumbliauskas E, Parmentier Y, Kieber J, et al. Arabidopsis CULLIN3 genes regulate primary root growth and patterning by ethylene-dependent and -independent mechanisms. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000328 pubmed publisherCULLIN3 (CUL3) together with BTB-domain proteins form a class of Cullin-RING ubiquitin ligases (called CRL3s) that control the rapid and selective degradation of important regulatory proteins in all eukaryotes...
- Weber H, Bernhardt A, Dieterle M, Hano P, Mutlu A, Estelle M, et al. Arabidopsis AtCUL3a and AtCUL3b form complexes with members of the BTB/POZ-MATH protein family. Plant Physiol. 2005;137:83-93 pubmed..The analysis of AtCUL3a and AtCUL3b expression as well as several BTB/POZ-MATH genes indicates that these genes are expressed in all ..
- Thomann A, Brukhin V, Dieterle M, Gheyeselinck J, Vantard M, Grossniklaus U, et al. Arabidopsis CUL3A and CUL3B genes are essential for normal embryogenesis. Plant J. 2005;43:437-48 pubmed..The model plant Arabidopsis thaliana encodes two related CUL3 genes, called CUL3A and CUL3B...
- Wang K, Yoshida H, Lurin C, Ecker J. Regulation of ethylene gas biosynthesis by the Arabidopsis ETO1 protein. Nature. 2004;428:945-50 pubmed..ETO1 also interacts with CUL3, a constituent of ubiquitin ligase complexes in which we propose that ETO1 serves as a substrate-specific adaptor ..
- Dieterle M, Thomann A, Renou J, Parmentier Y, Cognat V, Lemonnier G, et al. Molecular and functional characterization of Arabidopsis Cullin 3A. Plant J. 2005;41:386-99 pubmed..to fungi and animals, the genome of the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana contains two related CUL3 genes, called CUL3A and CUL3B...
- Figueroa P, Gusmaroli G, Serino G, Habashi J, Ma L, Shen Y, et al. Arabidopsis has two redundant Cullin3 proteins that are essential for embryo development and that interact with RBX1 and BTB proteins to form multisubunit E3 ubiquitin ligase complexes in vivo. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1180-95 pubmed..Here, we demonstrate that Arabidopsis thaliana has two redundant CUL3 (AtCUL3) genes that are essential for embryo development...
- Spoel S, Mou Z, Tada Y, Spivey N, Genschik P, Dong X. Proteasome-mediated turnover of the transcription coactivator NPR1 plays dual roles in regulating plant immunity. Cell. 2009;137:860-72 pubmed publisher..These in vivo data demonstrate dual roles for coactivator turnover in both preventing and stimulating gene transcription to regulate plant immunity. ..
- Gingerich D, Gagne J, Salter D, Hellmann H, Estelle M, Ma L, et al. Cullins 3a and 3b assemble with members of the broad complex/tramtrack/bric-a-brac (BTB) protein family to form essential ubiquitin-protein ligases (E3s) in Arabidopsis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18810-21 pubmed..Here we show that Arabidopsis CUL3a and CUL3b associate with RBX1 and members of the broad complex/tramtrack/bric-a-brac (BTB) protein family to form ..
- Serino G, Su H, Peng Z, Tsuge T, Wei N, Gu H, et al. Characterization of the last subunit of the Arabidopsis COP9 signalosome: implications for the overall structure and origin of the complex. Plant Cell. 2003;15:719-31 pubmed..which is partially responsible for the regulatory interaction between CSN and SCF(TIR1), but also interacts with AtCUL3, suggesting that CSN is able to regulate the activity of other cullin-based E3 ligases through conserved ..
- Bernhardt A, Lechner E, Hano P, Schade V, Dieterle M, Anders M, et al. CUL4 associates with DDB1 and DET1 and its downregulation affects diverse aspects of development in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2006;47:591-603 pubmed..These results therefore assign an important function to CUL4 during plant development and provide strong evidence that CUL4 assembles together with RBX1 and DDB1 proteins to form a functional E3 ligase in Arabidopsis. ..
- Fu Z, Yan S, Saleh A, Wang W, Ruble J, Oka N, et al. NPR3 and NPR4 are receptors for the immune signal salicylic acid in plants. Nature. 2012;486:228-32 pubmed publisher..NPR3 and NPR4 function as adaptors of the Cullin 3 ubiquitin E3 ligase to mediate NPR1 degradation in an SA-regulated manner...
- Chen L, Bernhardt A, Lee J, Hellmann H. Identification of Arabidopsis MYB56 as a novel substrate for CRL3(BPM) E3 ligases. Mol Plant. 2015;8:242-50 pubmed publisher..In this work, MYB56 is identified as a novel target of a CULLIN3 (CUL3)-based E3 ligase...
- Chen L, Lee J, Weber H, Tohge T, Witt S, Roje S, et al. Arabidopsis BPM proteins function as substrate adaptors to a cullin3-based E3 ligase to affect fatty acid metabolism in plants. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2253-64 pubmed publisher..Overall, this work demonstrates a link between fatty acid metabolism and E3 ligase activities in plants and establishes CUL3-based E3 ligases as key regulators in transcriptional processes that involve ERF/AP2 family members.
- Zhang L, Du L, Shen C, Yang Y, Poovaiah B. Regulation of plant immunity through ubiquitin-mediated modulation of Ca(2+) -calmodulin-AtSR1/CAMTA3 signaling. Plant J. 2014;78:269-81 pubmed publisher..Hence, SR1IP1 positively regulates plant immunity by removing the defense suppressor AtSR1. These findings provide a mechanistic insight into how Ca(2+) -mediated actions are coordinated to achieve effective plant immunity. ..