Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CUL3
Description: cullin 3
Alias: ATCUL3, ATCUL3A, CUL3A, T24P13.25, cullin 3, cullin 3A, cullin 3
Species: thale cress
- Bernhardt A, Lechner E, Hano P, Schade V, Dieterle M, Anders M, et al. CUL4 associates with DDB1 and DET1 and its downregulation affects diverse aspects of development in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2006;47:591-603 pubmed..These results therefore assign an important function to CUL4 during plant development and provide strong evidence that CUL4 assembles together with RBX1 and DDB1 proteins to form a functional E3 ligase in Arabidopsis. ..
- Fu Z, Yan S, Saleh A, Wang W, Ruble J, Oka N, et al. NPR3 and NPR4 are receptors for the immune signal salicylic acid in plants. Nature. 2012;486:228-32 pubmed publisher..NPR3 and NPR4 function as adaptors of the Cullin 3 ubiquitin E3 ligase to mediate NPR1 degradation in an SA-regulated manner...
- Chen L, Bernhardt A, Lee J, Hellmann H. Identification of Arabidopsis MYB56 as a novel substrate for CRL3(BPM) E3 ligases. Mol Plant. 2015;8:242-50 pubmed publisher..In this work, MYB56 is identified as a novel target of a CULLIN3 (CUL3)-based E3 ligase...
- Chen L, Lee J, Weber H, Tohge T, Witt S, Roje S, et al. Arabidopsis BPM proteins function as substrate adaptors to a cullin3-based E3 ligase to affect fatty acid metabolism in plants. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2253-64 pubmed publisher..Overall, this work demonstrates a link between fatty acid metabolism and E3 ligase activities in plants and establishes CUL3-based E3 ligases as key regulators in transcriptional processes that involve ERF/AP2 family members.
- Zhang L, Du L, Shen C, Yang Y, Poovaiah B. Regulation of plant immunity through ubiquitin-mediated modulation of Ca(2+) -calmodulin-AtSR1/CAMTA3 signaling. Plant J. 2014;78:269-81 pubmed publisher..Hence, SR1IP1 positively regulates plant immunity by removing the defense suppressor AtSR1. These findings provide a mechanistic insight into how Ca(2+) -mediated actions are coordinated to achieve effective plant immunity. ..