Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CSN5A
Description: COP9 signalosome 5A
Alias: AJH1, ARABIDOPSIS JAB1 HOMOLOG 1, COP9 signalosome 5A, CSN5, F19G10.12, F19G10_12, JAB1, PUTATIVE JUN KINASE ACTIVATOR, COP9 signalosome 5A
Species: thale cress
- Mukhtar M, Carvunis A, Dreze M, Epple P, Steinbrenner J, Moore J, et al. Independently evolved virulence effectors converge onto hubs in a plant immune system network. Science. 2011;333:596-601 pubmed publisher..Thus, pathogens from different kingdoms deploy independently evolved virulence proteins that interact with a limited set of highly connected cellular hubs to facilitate their diverse life-cycle strategies. ..
- Wang X, Feng S, Nakayama N, Crosby W, Irish V, Deng X, et al. The COP9 signalosome interacts with SCF UFO and participates in Arabidopsis flower development. Plant Cell. 2003;15:1071-82 pubmed..Compared with the previously reported csn5 antisense and csn1 null mutants, partial deficiency of CSN1 causes a reduction in the level of CUL1 in the mutant ..
- Yanagawa Y, Sullivan J, Komatsu S, Gusmaroli G, Suzuki G, Yin J, et al. Arabidopsis COP10 forms a complex with DDB1 and DET1 in vivo and enhances the activity of ubiquitin conjugating enzymes. Genes Dev. 2004;18:2172-81 pubmed..Thus, the CDD complex may act as a ubiquitylation-promoting factor to regulate photomorphogenesis. ..
- Dohmann E, Levesque M, De Veylder L, Reichardt I, Jurgens G, Schmid M, et al. The Arabidopsis COP9 signalosome is essential for G2 phase progression and genomic stability. Development. 2008;135:2013-22 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data suggest that Arabidopsis csn mutants undergo DNA damage, which might be the cause of the delay in G2 cell cycle progression...
- Mir R, Leon J. Pathogen and circadian controlled 1 (PCC1) protein is anchored to the plasma membrane and interacts with subunit 5 of COP9 signalosome in Arabidopsis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e87216 pubmed publisher..The regulatory effect exerted by PCC1 on the transition to flowering as well as on other reported phenotypes might be explained by a mechanism involving the interaction with the subunit 5 of the COP9 signalosome (CSN). ..
- Kim T, Kim B, Yahalom A, Chamovitz D, von Arnim A. Translational regulation via 5' mRNA leader sequences revealed by mutational analysis of the Arabidopsis translation initiation factor subunit eIF3h. Plant Cell. 2004;16:3341-56 pubmed
- Nakasone A, Fujiwara M, Fukao Y, Biswas K, Rahman A, Kawai Yamada M, et al. SMALL ACIDIC PROTEIN1 acts with RUB modification components, the COP9 signalosome, and AXR1 to regulate growth and development of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:93-105 pubmed publisher..The extremely dwarf phenotype of the aar1-1 csn5a-1 double mutant confirms the functional role of SMAP1 in plant growth and development under limiting CSN ..
- Jia X, Chanda B, Zhao M, Brunner A, Beers E. Instability of the Arabidopsis mutant csn5a-2 caused by epigenetic modification of intronic T-DNA. Plant Sci. 2015;238:53-63 pubmed publisher..We studied the significance of protein-protein interactions between CSN5A and ROP11 by crossing three independent rop11 T-DNA insertion mutants with csn5a-2, a partial loss-of-function ..
- Spoel S, Mou Z, Tada Y, Spivey N, Genschik P, Dong X. Proteasome-mediated turnover of the transcription coactivator NPR1 plays dual roles in regulating plant immunity. Cell. 2009;137:860-72 pubmed publisher..These in vivo data demonstrate dual roles for coactivator turnover in both preventing and stimulating gene transcription to regulate plant immunity. ..
- Kotiguda G, Weinberg D, Dessau M, Salvi C, Serino G, Chamovitz D, et al. The organization of a CSN5-containing subcomplex of the COP9 signalosome. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:42031-41 pubmed publisher..intrinsic to the complex, deneddylation of the Cullin subunits from Cullin-RING ubiquitin ligases, is assigned to CSN5. As an essential step to understanding the structure and assembly of a CSN5-containing subcomplex of the CSN, we ..
- Wang X, Li W, Piqueras R, Cao K, Deng X, Wei N. Regulation of COP1 nuclear localization by the COP9 signalosome via direct interaction with CSN1. Plant J. 2009;58:655-67 pubmed publisher..This study advances our understanding of COP1 localization, and the molecular interactions between COP1 and CSN. ..
- Huang H, Quint M, Gray W. The eta7/csn3-3 auxin response mutant of Arabidopsis defines a novel function for the CSN3 subunit of the COP9 signalosome. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66578 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that in addition to its role in the CSN as a cullin deneddylase, CSN3 functions in a distinct protein complex that is required for proper auxin signaling. ..