Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CPR5
Description: CPR5 protein
Alias: CONSTITUTIVE EXPRESSION OF PR GENES 5, HYPERSENESCENCE 1, HYS1, MXK3.16, MXK3_16, CPR5 protein
Species: thale cress
- Jirage D, Zhou N, Cooper B, Clarke J, Dong X, Glazebrook J. Constitutive salicylic acid-dependent signaling in cpr1 and cpr6 mutants requires PAD4. Plant J. 2001;26:395-407 pubmed..We used double mutant analysis to determine the relative positions of the pad4, cpr1, cpr5, cpr6, dnd1 and dnd2 mutations in the signal transduction network leading to SA-dependent activation of defense ..
- Meng Z, Ruberti C, Gong Z, Brandizzi F. CPR5 modulates salicylic acid and the unfolded protein response to manage tradeoffs between plant growth and stress responses. Plant J. 2017;89:486-501 pubmed publisher..We show that the plant growth and stress regulator CPR5, which represses accumulation of SA, favors growth in physiological conditions through inhibition of the SA-..
- Jing H, Anderson L, Sturre M, Hille J, Dijkwel P. Arabidopsis CPR5 is a senescence-regulatory gene with pleiotropic functions as predicted by the evolutionary theory of senescence. J Exp Bot. 2007;58:3885-94 pubmed..Arabidopsis cpr5 mutants exhibit multiple phenotypes including hypersensitivity to various signalling molecules, constitutive ..
- Jing H, Hebeler R, Oeljeklaus S, Sitek B, Stuhler K, Meyer H, et al. Early leaf senescence is associated with an altered cellular redox balance in Arabidopsis cpr5/old1 mutants. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2008;10 Suppl 1:85-98 pubmed publisher..However, ROS regulation is still poorly understood. Here, we report that mutations in the Arabidopsis CPR5/OLD1 gene may cause early senescence through deregulation of the cellular redox balance...
- Pouteau S, Carré I, Gaudin V, Ferret V, Lefebvre D, Wilson M. Diversification of photoperiodic response patterns in a collection of early-flowering mutants of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2008;148:1465-73 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the frequency of circadian defects in mutants with normal photoperiodic responses suggested that the circadian clock may regulate the number of leaves independently of its effect on daylength perception. ..
- Wang S, Gu Y, Zebell S, Anderson L, Wang W, Mohan R, et al. A noncanonical role for the CKI-RB-E2F cell-cycle signaling pathway in plant effector-triggered immunity. Cell Host Microbe. 2014;16:787-94 pubmed publisher..We show that the Arabidopsis nuclear envelope protein, CPR5, negatively regulates ETI and the associated PCD through a physical interaction with cyclin-dependent kinase ..