Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COR15A
Description: cold-regulated protein 15a
Alias: COR15, F14N22.19, F14N22_19, cold-regulated 15a
Species: thale cress
- A cold-regulated Arabidopsis gene encodes a polypeptide having potent cryoprotective activityC Lin
Department of Crop and Soil Sciences, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824 1325
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 183:1103-8. 1992We previously showed that cor15, a cold-regulated gene from Arabidopsis thaliana, encodes a 15 kDa polypeptide designated COR15. Here we report that COR15 has potent cryoprotective activity in an in vitro cryoprotection assay...
- A moderate decrease in temperature induces COR15a expression through the CBF signaling cascade and enhances freezing toleranceYi Wang
Department of Plant Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Plant J 60:340-9. 2009..The cooling response involves a weaker and more transient induction of cold-induced genes, such as COR15a, than cold response...
- Histone occupancy-dependent and -independent removal of H3K27 trimethylation at cold-responsive genes in ArabidopsisChang Seob Kwon
Department of Biological Sciences, KAIST, Daejeon 305 701, Korea
Plant J 60:112-21. 2009..Here we show that H3K27me3 in two cold-responsive genes, COR15A and ATGOLS3, decreases gradually in Arabidopsis during exposure to cold temperatures...
- Lipophilic components of the brown seaweed, Ascophyllum nodosum, enhance freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis thalianaPrasanth Rayirath
Department of Plant and Animal Sciences, Nova Scotia Agricultural College, 58 River Road, P O Box 550, Truro, NS B2N5E3, Canada
Planta 230:135-47. 2009..Further, the A. nodosum extract treatment modulated the expression of the cold response genes, COR15A, RD29A, and CBF3, resulting in enhanced tolerance to freezing temperatures. More than 2...
- Evaluation of the protective activities of a late embryogenesis abundant (LEA) related protein, Cor15am, during various stresses in vitroKatsuhiro Nakayama
The 21st Century Centers of Excellence Program, Cryobiofrontier Research Center, Iwate University, Morioka 020 8550, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 72:1642-5. 2008..This might be attributable to the activity of Cor15am in attenuating the aggregation of the substrates. Our data indicate that Cor15am functions as a protectant against various stresses by preventing protein aggregation...
- Light-quality regulation of freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis thalianaKeara A Franklin
Department of Biology, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, UK
Nat Genet 39:1410-3. 2007....
- Arabidopsis Cor15am is a chloroplast stromal protein that has cryoprotective activity and forms oligomersKatsuhiro Nakayama
The 21st Century Centers of Excellence Program, Cryobiosystem Research Center, Iwate University, Morioka 020 8550, Japan
Plant Physiol 144:513-23. 2007..A wide variety of polypeptides are induced during cold acclimation, among which is one encoded by COR15A in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana)...
- The cold-induced early activation of phospholipase C and D pathways determines the response of two distinct clusters of genes in Arabidopsis cell suspensionsChantal Vergnolle
Laboratoire de Physiologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire des Plantes, Formation de Recherche en Evolution 2846, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université Pierre et Marie Curie, F 94200 Ivry sur Seine, France
Plant Physiol 139:1217-33. 2005..The connection of these pathways with the CBF pathway, currently the most understood genetic system playing a role in cold acclimation, is discussed...
- Regulation of osmotic stress-responsive gene expression by the LOS6/ABA1 locus in ArabidopsisLiming Xiong
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
J Biol Chem 277:8588-96. 2002..blot analysis indicates that under osmotic stress the transcript levels for stress-responsive genes such as RD29A, COR15A, KIN1, COR47, RD19, and ADH are lower in los6 plants than in wild type plants...
- Interaction of two intrinsically disordered plant stress proteins (COR15A and COR15B) with lipid membranes in the dry stateAnja Thalhammer
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, Am Muhlenberg 1, D 14476 Potsdam, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1798:1812-20. 2010b>COR15A and COR15B form a tandem repeat of highly homologous genes in Arabidopsis thaliana...